Have 2 boost mobile htc evo design 4g, how to copy stck rom from one handset to the other

jacse60

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have two boost mobile htc evo design 4g phones, one in modified stock, the other one I tried to root amd flash with jellybean rom

I followed : [GUIDE]How to Root Boost Mobile HTC EVO Design 4G+Install Jelly Bean from xda developer forum, shows us cellular network,
Does anyone know how to copy the uprooted stock rom from the untouched phone to the modified phone. Pretty much a newbie and didn't dulled understand how to make a backup image of the phone.

Now I want to go back to the original stock phone, then root without applying/ flashing a new rom.

Thanks for any help. Don't want to start messing around and make matters worse. Was thinking of apache thunders guide: [ROOT] Stock Rooted Rom. No CWM required...
Any suggestions?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have two boost mobile htc evo design 4g phones, one in modified stock, the other one I tried to root amd flash with jellybean rom

I followed : [GUIDE]How to Root Boost Mobile HTC EVO Design 4G+Install Jelly Bean from xda developer forum, shows us cellular network,
Does anyone know how to copy the uprooted stock rom from the untouched phone to the modified phone. Pretty much a newbie and didn't dulled understand how to make a backup image of the phone.

Now I want to go back to the original stock phone, then root without applying/ flashing a new rom.

Thanks for any help. Don't want to start messing around and make matters worse. Was thinking of apache thunders guide: [ROOT] Stock Rooted Rom. No CWM required...
Any suggestions?
Hereis the RUU. this wiil put the phone back to factory stock as it was brand new, you will lose root tho

Shipped ROMs

jacse60

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hereis the RUU. this wiil put the phone back to factory stock as it was brand new, you will lose root tho

Shipped ROMs
It didn't work, but thanks for the reply anyway. So question to all: is it possible to copy the image or rom from my stock phone and transfer it to my modified phone, both are the boost mobile htc evo design 4g. Both purchases with the past 2 or 3 months.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the bootloader unlocked? this will cause the RUU to fail. It needs to be locked.
You would need a custom recovery installed to flash any software to the phone, Or use the RUU.

jacse60

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Is the bootloader unlocked? this will cause the RUU to fail. It needs to be locked.
You would need a custom recovery installed to flash any software to the phone, Or use the RUU.
one of the files reads US cellular and the other reads Sprint, are these the right files? i have a boost mobile htc evo design 4g?

jacse60

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Update, finally got my phone back to boost mobile stock, then unlocked and rooted.
Thanks to Benny3 for taking the time to reply.
Followed guide from Herc08 at xda developers. [GUIDE]How to Root Boost Mobile HTC EVO Design 4G+Install Jelly Bean - xda-developers
Which also gave thanks to Apache Thunder at androids forum http://androidforums.com/evo-design...78-root-stock-rooted-rom-no-cwm-required.html

Had to do the "mainver" number change, as described by herc08, and had to run it a couple of times before it actually stuck.
Help is out there's, it just takes some time to piece all the parts together.
Read, re-read several articles before you start, the do a backup, now that I have the backup zip for boost mobile, I feel confident to try some minor tweaks. Still haven't figured out how to do a full backup of my phone, want ot do a nandroid backup, if I can figure out how to do it.

David Triguero

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Update, finally got my phone back to boost mobile stock, then unlocked and rooted.
Thanks to Benny3 for taking the time to reply.
Followed guide from Herc08 at xda developers. [GUIDE]How to Root Boost Mobile HTC EVO Design 4G+Install Jelly Bean - xda-developers
Which also gave thanks to Apache Thunder at androids forum http://androidforums.com/evo-design...78-root-stock-rooted-rom-no-cwm-required.html

Had to do the "mainver" number change, as described by herc08, and had to run it a couple of times before it actually stuck.
Help is out there's, it just takes some time to piece all the parts together.
Read, re-read several articles before you start, the do a backup, now that I have the backup zip for boost mobile, I feel confident to try some minor tweaks. Still haven't figured out how to do a full backup of my phone, want ot do a nandroid backup, if I can figure out how to do it.

to do a complete backup you need to have cwm, twrp,or some other custom recovery installed also if you have root there is an app in the market call online nandroid backup it will do a full back up with out turning phone off and going into recovery it works great on my evo and a plus you don't miss calls while doing the backup since phone is still on and the dev for the app has already add our device patch to the app so with it you should be good to go

mahee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
hi, Benny3. I've followed many of your posts since a year. I need your help today. I got boost design evo 4g. Have unlocked bootloader. I'm trying to use it with other US cellular networks with GSM. Is it possible? Can you guide me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa