Factory reset of Design?

Hanner0713

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am hoping to get some guidance on an issue. I have a Boost Design sitting around and would like to play around with it. What I am hoping to accomplish is I can strip the software of all Boost software and use it as strictly an HTC phone. I noticed when I was playing around with the SIM, it switched to a global mode (my SIM is an AT&T, no longer registered though) but seemed to work fine as far as selecting GSM. I wasn;t sure of the radio was strictly locked to Boost or not on CDMA. Anyways, is there a guide that will walk me through flashing a ROM as if it were a pure HTC device instead of a branded Boost device? I would appreciate any guidance anyone could give.

BGoldsmith

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you'd need to root it install clockworkmod as your recovery and the find a rom and flash it. Although I've noticed that there isn't much support or interest for that matter in developing this phone so there isn't much of a selection in roms. You're best bet if you're looking for a guide is 2fastforu88 If I remember right he's on xdas forum or at least he was a year ago when I rooted mine not sure if the links will be active anymore half were missing when I looked back then but there should be some in tact guides somewhere. There's also the HTC supertool and if you get no where with all of that there's the root wizzard from 1/2cab.com that'll cost ya $30. But its garunteed to work if all else fails. But to be honest the boost version isnt really bad the from I've been running since I rooted is a variant of the stock boost from with a few tweeks and it runs pretty decent. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to remove the boost branding. Either way good luck hope it works out for you

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums

BGoldsmith

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as the GSM I'm afraid you're out of Luck I wanted to ditch boosts service a difference use straight talk which would be GSM but only for out of country us GSM is locked so you're stuck with boost service until someone takes the time to figure out how to unlock GSM for the US which is doubtful with how little support this phone gets.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza