Hi guys new to htc shift can't root it.

friscoway

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got a HTC EVO SHIFT 4G but a friend gave me the idea of using wireless tether for my hotspot and connect my laptop to use internet, well he lives in the really 4g area and he gets good internet speed wow I envi him, he has an htc evo 4g.

well I have one 4g bar at my home but I cannot use the app because it says no root!,

I downloaded zroot, but cannot be applied.

my HTC EVO SHIFT has Android 2.3.3 what can I do?

Thanks in advance :)

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got a HTC EVO SHIFT 4G but a friend gave me the idea of using wireless tether for my hotspot and connect my laptop to use internet, well he lives in the really 4g area and he gets good internet speed wow I envi him, he has an htc evo 4g.

well I have one 4g bar at my home but I cannot use the app because it says no root!,

I downloaded zroot, but cannot be applied.

my HTC EVO SHIFT has Android 2.3.3 what can I do?

Thanks in advance :)

There's no perm root if your running 2.3.3. You can temp root using THIS . With temp root, it will be lost once you reboot your phone. If your just looking to tether, you can use pdanet or easytether from the market. They are not wireless tether and they need to ne purchased to be fully functional, but they work..

friscoway

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
There's no perm root if your running 2.3.3. You can temp root using THIS . With temp root, it will be lost once you reboot your phone. If your just looking to tether, you can use pdanet or easytether from the market. They are not wireless tether and they need to ne purchased to be fully functional, but they work..

Thank you for your help, unfortunately the first file to download in the guide is unavailable it opens a window with a lot of strange codes and words like matrix.

:(

pscherry78

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

It gets me temp root (# sign on adb shell & responds to SU command). However, I can not seem to get CyanogenMod installed, and ROM Manager says the phone is NOT rooted. It is looking for the SU in /system/bin/su. The phone won't let me copy the files there, as it is 'protected'.
I'm running Android 2.3.3

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It gets me temp root (# sign on adb shell & responds to SU command). However, I can not seem to get CyanogenMod installed, and ROM Manager says the phone is NOT rooted. It is looking for the SU in /system/bin/su. The phone won't let me copy the files there, as it is 'protected'.
I'm running Android 2.3.3

You need full root to flash custom ROMs. Luckily a way to root 2.3.3 was found about a week ago. Follow this thread on how to perm root your Shift, then you can start flashing ROMs.

Hboot information and downgrading - xda-developers

Kumunicate

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Indeed... It is very necessary to downgrade to 2.2... It took me over 24 hours to get everything working properly... Definitely not as easy as the htc hero was... But xda and this forum helped greatly... Basically find an original ruu and temp root your phone using the xda link that Crump84 posted... after temp root you then have to flash the OG ruu that was from froyo... After you flash 2.2 then you have to do the whole rooting process all over again but this time using 2.2 methods... i just finished ridding the system of bloatware and i like a lot of the newer features that are included in the mikshift rom... I'm happy!!!