Help Rooting 2.3.4

onsomeg

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
just bought a evo 4g shift it came with 2.3.3 but i upgraded to 2.3.4. i switched from a optimus s that was rooted. can anybody tell me how to permanent root, recovery and run miui rom?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You're going to have to downgrade to root. Read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357157

I don't know if this work with 2.3.4 since that update just rolled out...but it should. If not, you'll have to unlock the boot loader with htcdev.com then follow that guide. Its not recommended to use HTC dev unless you absolutely have to, it will completely void your warranty.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: onsomeg

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
onsomeg[b said:
[/b] ;1590355]if you don't know if it work's i'm going to hold off tell something comes up that does, thanks!

I know for a fact that you can unlock with HTC dev, then follow the guide I posted. Really though its not going to hurt to try before... I know you can gain the temp root with 2.3.4 its just a matter of exploiting the hboot.. its not going to brick your phone if you follow the guide correctly. Worste case scenario, all you can do is temp root.

onsomeg

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
so unlock it with unlock bootloader first then follow the guide? do i pick "EVO 4G+ (Korea Telecom)" or "All Other Supported Models" it doesn't have evo 4g shift listed?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
onsomeg[b said:
[/b] ;1590393]so unlock it with unlock bootloader first then follow the guide? do i pick "EVO 4G+ (Korea Telecom)" or "All Other Supported Models" it doesn't have evo 4g shift listed?

If I were you I would try without unlocking the boot loader. Once you unlock it, pretty much your phone is flagged.

If you really just want to unlock it , I would think all other supported devices. You may want refer to this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1478831

onsomeg

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
i don't care if it's flagged i don't think i have a warranty and i never broke any of my previous phones, just don't wanna brick. don't i have to unlock if i want root anyways?