need help rooting evo shift 2.3.4

amours412

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
i have tried a bunch of methods to gain temp root for my htc evo shift 2.3.4 but havent had any success i know i have to down grade to get perm root but i cant even get temp root to work so that i can down grade
can anybody help me please
thanks in advance

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There's been mixed reports with 2.3.4.. some say they have been able to use the same downgrade method, while others say they can't even get temp root. I didn't take the 2.3.4 update so I can't tell for sure the old method works but I do know some have had success.. As a last resort you can always try this.. [GUIDE] Unlocked bootloader, and new howto on rooting the HTC Evo Shift (2.3.4) - xda-developers

Keep in mind this is not the same as achieving s-off, if you use that method a little more work will be involved when it comes to flashing ROMs and kernels.

Reactions: amours412

amours412

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
i think i am going to wait to see if a new method of down grading come out i think i would like to be able to unroot if i ever need to take my phone in for repairs thanks for the advice tho and if possible can you keep me posted if you hear of any new methods to downgrade from 2.3.4

Last edited:

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there is no way to get temp root on 2.3.4 right now, though I haven't heard of anyone trying TacoRoot (but I believe that is buggy to begin with).

The only way to get root on 2.3.4 as of right now is to start with the htcdev.com tool to unlock your bootloader (use the Evo 3D option) and then do some tricks to flash recovery and superuser. But at the end it is still S-On and I don't believe you can just flash back if you need to go to Sprint for repairs/service.

This may change soon, but we are waiting for the development.

Reactions: crmcsh01

amours412

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
i looked into it there is a disclaimer on that site saying that by unlocking the bootloader it automatically voids the warranty of the phone and i don't want that to happen but thanks for the advise

luunit

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It may be worth rooting the phone if your warranty is almost over. I did mine last month when the warranty expired and it's been working better than ever.

ImDmills1

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I was having problems finding a way to downgrade to flash ROM for PERM ROOT, check this out... Evil DevNull - Evil Easy HTC Evo Shift GingerBread v2.3.3 Tool Kit. It isnt my site, wish it was! Honest and legit.... I just rooted my phone yesterday, the 17th. It took a little while, but straight forward and easy to accomplish. I now have PERM ROOT and superuser access with a flashed ROM of 2.3.3 Gingerbread..... Any issues I will help out.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
im currently playing around with putting 2.2 back on mine so i can use visionary, but its worth it... taken me about 15 minutes so far - took more time to find a good PG06IMG.zip than anything

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
im currently playing around with putting 2.2 back on mine so i can use visionary, but its worth it... taken me about 15 minutes so far - took more time to find a good PG06IMG.zip than anything

I decided to undertake rooting my wifes evo shift this morning but now I'm stuck. Where did you find the PG06IMG.zip? I can't figure out where to get it from. I'm attempting to use this method here in XDA

[VIDEO GUIDE] FULL S-OFF ROOT for Evo SHIFT. Froyo (2.2) + Gingerbread (2.3.3+2.3.4) - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781