Hello shift users. This is my first Android handset, and I am having some trouble with Rom manager. I was really stoked to get my phone rooted so soon after release, and I am trying to learn as much as I can about roms and root and everything in preparation for whatever awesomeness is coming soon. Well I got clockwork recovery all setup and backed up, but Rom manager does not recognize that I have clockwork installed. I tried the override that says that I installed clockwork manually, but still Everytime I click manage backups it asks me to install clockwork recovery. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or will Rom manager have to be updated to support the shift? It's not like there are tons of roms that I need to manage yet, just trying to prepare my phone...
Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
- 01-30-2011, 10:31 AM #2
- 02-01-2011, 01:49 PM #3
- 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM #4
I am running the stock rooted ROM now I have not tried the alpha builds that are pout there there is to much wrong with those ROMs.
How to install a ROM after root:
1) Download the ROM to your PC here is a nice test ROM you can try
2) Put the ROM on the root of your SC card
3) Unplug your phone from your PC then power the phone off, hold the power button down select power off
4) Hold down on the volume down button power up you will boot in to bootloader
5) Use the volume down/up to select recovery press the power button to select
6) You will now be on the green screen here you will need to create a Nandroid backup. Use the up/down volume buttons (Left/Right on the D-Pad works as well) chose backup then press the power button to start (enter on the keyboard works as well)
7) Now you have a backup so chose factory reset then "Power" or "enter" then yes then "Enter" to select this will reset all data.
8) Chose wipe cache partition "enter" to select then yes enter to select
9) Chose install Zip from SC Card "Enter" then yes "enter"
10) Chose the ROM from the list "enter" yes "enter"
When the ROM is finished flashing chose go back then reboot system now. Thats it you now have a new ROM installed. This will work for any ROM
- 02-01-2011, 07:48 PM #5