Perm Root wont work (Htc Evo Shift)

hckrnewb

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello really new to this but im good at following directions and i followed Big D5's instructions step by step and at the end where you reboot to bootloader and its supposed to say xspeedy xe s-off it still says S-ON even though i followed all the steps correctly can someone tll me what im doing wrong

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you check the MD5 sum and did it match exactly? As shown in the directions? Try again watch that make sure it matches exactly.

hckrnewb

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Still Having Trouble Heres The Code

Hey im still having trouble so im uploading a picture to for you to see the code and tell me what i did wrong

hckrnewb

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work i miss read a digit in the code so it messed it up i looked at the original on xda and corrected my error thanks for the help big d

DTomega

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm new to droid and rooting as well. I have also come across the same problem I am using VISIONary+ for temp root. My initial attempt at rooting came from these instructions:

{GUIDE} Rooting an HTC EVO Shift for Dummies! - xda-developers

All seem well and my phone still works so i guess i didn't "brick" it. However getting s-on to s-off is presenting a problem AND ROM manager recovery fails consistantly sticking at the HTC welcome screen only fixable by pulling out the battery....I've been searching for solutions and found ur forum!

Gonna try Your instructions Big D5 will post my results

Last edited:

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm new to droid and rooting as well. I have also come across the same problem I am using VISIONary+ for temp root. My initial attempt at rooting came from these instructions:

{GUIDE} Rooting an HTC EVO Shift for Dummies! - xda-developers

All seem well and my phone still works so i guess i didn't "brick" it. However getting s-on to s-off is presenting a problem AND ROM manager recovery fails consistantly sticking at the HTC welcome screen only fixable by pulling out the battery....I've been searching for solutions and found ur forum!

You need s-off in order to access recovery, that's why it's failing. Your missing something in the root process. There is also I sticky in this forum on rooting, make sure your doing everything exactly as stated and everything matches.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: DTomega

DTomega

May 11, 2011
Visit site
EXCELLENT!!!

Im not sure where I when wrong the the first time (really wish i knew...no telling) but after a knuckle cracking laser beam focused attempt, the second time worked like a charm! Many Thanks Big D5! crump84! and androidcentral forum!!!

I am now in love with my phone again and I can get all this tacky lipstick and eye shadow (bloatware) off of her!

Thanks again fellas! awesome job.

Reactions: crump84

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech