Couple questions....

pro70golfer14

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
First off i would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the help you give. With out everyone on here my phone would be stock and puny.

But any way on to the questions.

1. Now that i am perm rooted can i uninstall visionary, and just leave super user.
(not that important just wondering)

2. I understand you can edit the notification bar up top by messing with the framework.jar file. I found it in root explorer but could someone explain in depth about how to change this and point me in a direction of custimizing this.

3. Last but not least how do you install different kernels. (Also not really important just very curious.)

Once again i want to say thank you to everyone on here. You all have helped me get my phone to just how i want it.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First off i would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the help you give. With out everyone on here my phone would be stock and puny.

But any way on to the questions.

1. Now that i am perm rooted can i uninstall visionary, and just leave super user.
(not that important just wondering)

2. I understand you can edit the notification bar up top by messing with the framework.jar file. I found it in root explorer but could someone explain in depth about how to change this and point me in a direction of custimizing this.

3. Last but not least how do you install different kernels. (Also not really important just very curious.)

Once again i want to say thank you to everyone on here. You all have helped me get my phone to just how i want it.

Ok, I can answer your unimportant questions. :)

1. Yes you can delete visionary after rooting.

2. Installing a Kernel is pretty easy. You can do it one of 2 ways ( that I know of) Either download the kernel to your pc and place to the root of your SD card or download straight to Shift. Once you have it downloaded go into bootloader by powering off then powering on while holding volume down. Once your in bootloader go into recovery, then select install from SD card. Scroll to the kernel you downloaded and flash. A much easier way is to use ROM manager from the market. Go into ROM manager and select install ROM from SD. Then just select the Kernel downloaded and let ROM manager do the rest.

Hope that's easy enough to understand, it's been a long week :) have fun flashing

Reactions: pro70golfer14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781