Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default 4g Problems and other issues on Stable CM7

is anyone else having issues with 4g on cm7? after my phone has been on a while, the 4g radio will not connect. it will begin searching for a signal and then just turn off. a reboot seems to fix the issue but doing that every time i wanna use 4g is rather annoying.

also, my facebook and twitter will not stay synced after i reboot. i have to constantly resync. this is not a big issue but it is rather annoying.

if anyone else has these same issues and has found a work around, please do tell. i really love the speed of cm7, but i'm thinking of heading back to a sense rom for the stability of it.

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

That's odd, I haven't had any issues with 4G or syncing. Are you running the stable version of CM7? Did you have this issue with the previous version you were running? 4G should be working with the stable version and up. You may want to try doing a wipe and re flashing.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

i am running the stable version and i didn't have any issues on any of the nightly builds. i went back to sense for now but i sure do miss the speed of cm. maybe i will try a fresh wipe and reinstall.

Unfortunately I may have to head back to sense also
    I didn't have any issues with 4g, though I did have issues with Facebook where after I booted it would be as if I just installed it, or if hit "back" it will take me back to some page that I looked at awhile ago. Also I just can't get the battery life worked out. Without me touching it it will drop about 10% per hour. CM7 is the absolute best ROM but I just can't get it tweaked right.

its not the 4g for me, I'm actually getting a decrease in regular 3g reception and everything else seems ok.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

so i went back to sense and couldn't stand how slow it was (although it's not slow at all, just slower than cm7). so i decided to do a fresh install of cm7 and reinstall all my apps using appbrain and not from a backup (i was using titanium). so far, no 4g/wifi problems at all. and i figured out my sync issues were from moving the fb and twitter apps to my sd card. as long as i leave them on my phone, there are no sync issues.

battery life still sorta sucks, but i guess i can live with that.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7/x99kenel-CM7

for some reason when i flash CM7 the camera doesn't connect... i've tried reflashing and switch to other roms and coming back to it and it still says that.

they just released CM7-7.0.2 so hopefully that fixes numerous problems, i know that gps is one thing they have fixed as well as keyboard lights! yay keyboard lights.

Default Better Battery Life

Quote Originally Posted by edback View Post
    so i went back to sense and couldn't stand how slow it was (although it's not slow at all, just slower than cm7). so i decided to do a fresh install of cm7 and reinstall all my apps using appbrain and not from a backup (i was using titanium). so far, no 4g/wifi problems at all. and i figured out my sync issues were from moving the fb and twitter apps to my sd card. as long as i leave them on my phone, there are no sync issues.

battery life still sorta sucks, but i guess i can live with that.
    I have had some positive results with the Tiamat Kernels. [Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 3.3.8 | 2.6.37.6 | 4/24/11 - xda-developers. I have the Siedo Extended (3500mAh) batter and use the SBC kernel. With steady use on 4G with GPS on the drain is steady and slow. Much better than the stock kernel.