Maxwellg15

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
With the new 2.3.3 update i have lost my root in my phone and so i been brain storming and thought of something

how about i follow the unroot Ruu instruction on the link posted below, because the method there would reflash the Whole phone to the factory setup w/o updates

i have tried and tried this process and i keep on having usb issues could someone please confirm if this will work so i can keep tryin at what seems sofar being a lost cause

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...19278-how-unroot-return-stock-ruu-method.html

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've seen others try running the same RUU as well the one zip ruu with no luck. I pretty sure it's due to the updated bootloader within Gingerbread. Until a new exploit is found and bootloader is unlocked, those that have upgraded are probably going to have to wait.
Hopefully someone with a little more know how will find root soon.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Maxwellg15

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've seen others try running the same RUU as well the one zip ruu with no luck. I pretty sure it's due to the updated bootloader within Gingerbread. Until a new exploit is found and bootloader is unlocked, those that have upgraded are probably going to have to wait.
Hopefully someone with a little more know how will find root soon.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

well i went on a head and kept on tryin and tryin it finally connects and start's to go to work at its process i get incorrect bootloader version so u are right won't work thanks for ur input

btw? how do i find a exploit ?? how do i go to look for it

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
well i went on a head and kept on tryin and tryin it finally connects and start's to go to work at its process i get incorrect bootloader version so u are right won't work thanks for ur input

btw? how do i find a exploit ?? how do i go to look for it

I think you would have to pull the new bootlaoder image from the update, open it up and start looking for holes.

On a side note, its good to see that the samethings happen here in the Shift forums as in the eVo forums.
And it happens with every update... no one reads a head or wants to wait for the devs to do there magic. When to 2.3.3 update started rolling out for the eVo tons of people did the update then either couldn't understand why the update wouldn't work or why they lost root. And then got mad that "we"(the community) couldn't and didn't have a way for them to reroot or roll back to 2.2. Even though our rooting section was flooded with all kinds of warning that if you wanted to keep root don't do the update. Samerhing happen when the 2.2 update dropped last year.

Decks Rom Rules, Other Roms Drool!!! :p
Thanks for tryin!!!

cutlassracer

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a 1 week old Shift. I shut off the updates, still 2.2. Shall the bidding begin? Probably updating when she gets home in a bit. Wanted the dust to settle before I updated. This being due to another recent 2.3 update that my phone recieved. No, I'm not concerned with root if you were wondering.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a 1 week old Shift. I shut off the updates, still 2.2. Shall the bidding begin? Probably updating when she gets home in a bit. Wanted the dust to settle before I updated. This being due to another recent 2.3 update that my phone recieved. No, I'm not concerned with root if you were wondering.

Kinda wishing I did the same. While I like GB the pros do not outweigh the loss of root access for me. wifi hotspot was a HUGE tool for me being as I cannot tether as easily as windows boxes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza