voicemail issue

spm488

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
2 weeks ago I started getting automated text messages when someone leaves me a voicemail saying that I have a voicemail message from their number and to call 408-970-0000 to get the message. Of course I call it and it does not work.
My bigger issue is that is does not come to my visual voicemail. I have to go back to the old fashion way of dialing my number to see if I have any voicemail messages and then play them.
Any ideas?

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
From another Forum:
recently discovered an issue with Sprint VVM in relation to Handcent messaging. If you updated to the newest version of Handcent (3.9.5) and you went to settings>default applications in Handcent and disabled the stock SMS application, it also breaks your visual voicemail. You will no longer get messages downloaded to your phone, they will only show up as a notification that you have messages in your text application. To fix this, go into Handcent, press menu, settings, application settings, default messaging applications and then check "disable". Then go to your VVM application, hit menu, compose and enter your own number as the send to, hit record for 4 or 5 seconds, then hit send. The VVM app will then download any messages you had waiting.

Hope this helps someone from pulling their hair out like I was.

spm488

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that explains it. I did the handcent update 2 weeks ago. I wish i could go back to the old version. I didnt see any real benefit to this new version. Thanks for the info.