How to copy off video

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I shot some video recently and I want to save them off onto my pc. I tried to hot sync them to the pc, but no go. I tried mounting the phone as a disk drive, but I could not find the video on the phone. I'm guessing that its on the SD card, but that did not mount. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Daryl

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Vids are stored on your sd card. Once you mount your sd card locate the DCIM folder, they should be in there. Mine are inside DCIM > camera.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
crump84,

I thought so, but I'm having difficulties mounting the SD card. At least I can't figure out how to. I connect the phone via USB and select "Disk Drive". Only the internal phone mounts, the SD card does not. I'm I missing something?

Thanks.

Daryl

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
crump84,

I thought so, but I'm having difficulties mounting the SD card. At least I can't figure out how to. I connect the phone via USB and select "Disk Drive". Only the internal phone mounts, the SD card does not. I'm I missing something?

Thanks.

Daryl

Your card should mount after clicking disk drive. If you take the card out of your phone and put it directly into your pc, does it recognize the card then?

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Your card should mount after clicking disk drive. If you take the card out of your phone and put it directly into your pc, does it recognize the card then?

I was actually trying to avoid that, due to the case that I have on the phone. Its really a pain to get off, and then another pain to get the SD card out etc.... I did take the card out and was able to mount it on the PC. I now understand the source of my confusion.

I just recently switched from an HTC Touch Pro WM phone. Whenever I connected the WM phone to the PC I could directly access both the internal storage and the SD card. For the most part, the SD card would be empty unless I put something on it. Which is where I usually would dump music, videos etc...

When I connect this phone to the PC I see two storage devices, but I can only access one. When I browse the one that I can access, at first I didn't see the dcim folder. I seen a lot of folders and stuff. I assumed that I was on the internal storage and not the SD card because it looked a lot like what i would see on the WM phone.

Now that I understand my confusion, and I am able to get my videos off, is there a way to mount the internal storage?

Thanks crump84

Daryl

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The only way to view internal storage on your pc is through linux or windows cmd. But you'll need root in order to view any system files. What exactly are you looking for?

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
crump84,

Thanks for the info.

I'm not looking for anything specifically. I just moved from a WM HTC Touch Pro. Whenever I mounted the phone with Windows Sync Center, I could access both the internal and SD storage space. I guess I was expecting the same here. I didn't know that internal storage of this phone was locked. No big deal. Just a bit of confusion on my part.

Thanks.

Daryl

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer