Sprint Evo Shift Will Not Hard Reset

Mandroid84

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
OK SO...
One night in the middle of using my Shift my apps and practically my entire phone began to force close... then it just power cycled and cut back on and did the same thing. Nothing will stay open on my fone nor does it appear the OS is functioning correctly. On message tells me my GOOGLE FRAME WORK has malfunctioned and will force close... basically white triangles and exclamation points everywhere. Nothing is operable on the phone. So I take the phone to the Sprint store and have them attempt to fix it only for them to tell me some bull**** about their being water damage. The HARD RESET WILL NOT WORK... It just freezes at the HTC Screen it will even cut off and back on as if it is going to work but nothing but the HTC Screen. Ive tried to do it from the phone and through the boot menu...
Ive also attempted to remove apps from my phone only for me to reboot the phone and have them reappear as if I never uninstalled them... ironically the phone seems to work somewhat okay if I remove the SD CARD but it wont hard reset... BEFORE I BUY A NEW PHONE I wanna know if I can actually fix this one somehow someway... because that water damage line is a bunch of bull**** this phone hasnt been near liquid in the least and before u ask some Sprint screw up left me without insurance on the phone
HELP PLZ...

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
OK SO...
One night in the middle of using my Shift my apps and practically my entire phone began to force close... then it just power cycled and cut back on and did the same thing. Nothing will stay open on my fone nor does it appear the OS is functioning correctly. On message tells me my GOOGLE FRAME WORK has malfunctioned and will force close... basically white triangles and exclamation points everywhere. Nothing is operable on the phone. So I take the phone to the Sprint store and have them attempt to fix it only for them to tell me some bull**** about their being water damage. The HARD RESET WILL NOT WORK... It just freezes at the HTC Screen it will even cut off and back on as if it is going to work but nothing but the HTC Screen. Ive tried to do it from the phone and through the boot menu...
Ive also attempted to remove apps from my phone only for me to reboot the phone and have them reappear as if I never uninstalled them... ironically the phone seems to work somewhat okay if I remove the SD CARD but it wont hard reset... BEFORE I BUY A NEW PHONE I wanna know if I can actually fix this one somehow someway... because that water damage line is a bunch of bull**** this phone hasnt been near liquid in the least and before u ask some Sprint screw up left me without insurance on the phone
HELP PLZ...

I recommend you call Sprint's Customer Service and explain the situation, including the screw up that left you without insurance. In the past, I've found that the customer service folks can help where even the store cannot. Especially so if you're a long-time Sprint customer. If the rep you speak with doesn't have a solution, ask to speak with a supervisor. CS supervisors have a lot of power. Good luck.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
OK SO...
HELP PLZ...

I know the frustration of Sprint telling you there's water damage, when you absolutely no that's not the problem. (had the same thing happen to me)

I take it you tried factory reset through bootloader, I'm assuming that's the boot menu your talking about? Its very strange that you can't perform a factory reset...Could possibly be a corrupt sd card...? Have you tried a different one?

Also fyi, August is open enrollment for Sprints TEP, just saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678