I've had my Shift for almost 9 months, and I've recently started having an issue with the screen.

My screen works just fine during powerup... I can clearly see the Sprint screen, HTC screen, and 4G screens.
    I used to have my brightness set on the lowest setting possible (to conserve battery life). I think that's 10%. One day, my screen decided to just not turn on.. my keyboard lights and the home/menu/back/search button lights are working just fine.
    I can't figure out what's wrong, and I'm hoping someone here on Android Central will have a fix for me.

By the way, I do have insurance.
    03-26-2012 05:42 PM
    More than likely its your flex cable

CRAYONS TASTE LIKE PURPLE
    03-27-2012 06:43 AM
    I've had my Shift for almost 9 months, and I've recently started having an issue with the screen.

My screen works just fine during powerup... I can clearly see the Sprint screen, HTC screen, and 4G screens.
    I used to have my brightness set on the lowest setting possible (to conserve battery life). I think that's 10%. One day, my screen decided to just not turn on.. my keyboard lights and the home/menu/back/search button lights are working just fine.
    I can't figure out what's wrong, and I'm hoping someone here on Android Central will have a fix for me.

By the way, I do have insurance.
    Possibly related issue I've always had mine set to Auto-Brightness and many times I've noticed it was too bright I went in the settings and on its own it had switched to 100%

Our phones are twins

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-27-2012 06:57 AM
    Mine was having an issue when on auto brightness, would be fine and visible open, then would go to like 1% brightness upon closing the keyboard, yes dim enough to where if you weren't in a dark room, you would think the screen was off. Changing brightness back to a manual setting fixed that for me

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk.
    04-03-2012 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD