Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Brightness Issue

I've had my Shift for almost 9 months, and I've recently started having an issue with the screen.

My screen works just fine during powerup... I can clearly see the Sprint screen, HTC screen, and 4G screens.
    I used to have my brightness set on the lowest setting possible (to conserve battery life). I think that's 10%. One day, my screen decided to just not turn on.. my keyboard lights and the home/menu/back/search button lights are working just fine.
    I can't figure out what's wrong, and I'm hoping someone here on Android Central will have a fix for me.

By the way, I do have insurance.

ROM
    Mikshifted-G 2.1

More than likely its your flex cable

CRAYONS TASTE LIKE PURPLE
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by jjamiie View Post
    I've had my Shift for almost 9 months, and I've recently started having an issue with the screen.

My screen works just fine during powerup... I can clearly see the Sprint screen, HTC screen, and 4G screens.
    I used to have my brightness set on the lowest setting possible (to conserve battery life). I think that's 10%. One day, my screen decided to just not turn on.. my keyboard lights and the home/menu/back/search button lights are working just fine.
    I can't figure out what's wrong, and I'm hoping someone here on Android Central will have a fix for me.

By the way, I do have insurance.
    Possibly related issue I've always had mine set to Auto-Brightness and many times I've noticed it was too bright I went in the settings and on its own it had switched to 100%

Our phones are twins

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Mine was having an issue when on auto brightness, would be fine and visible open, then would go to like 1% brightness upon closing the keyboard, yes dim enough to where if you weren't in a dark room, you would think the screen was off. Changing brightness back to a manual setting fixed that for me

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk.