Looping Boot Screen. Please help! [Resolved]

bhartman36

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Everyone.

I tried to root my Evo Shift, and now all I'm getting is a looping boot screen. I've tried putting PG06img.zip on a micro-SD card in n the phone, but it gives me a message saying it's an old version and the update failed. In recovery mode, the phone isn't seen by my computer so I can't push things with adb.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm really freaking out here!

Last edited:

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looping Boot Screen. Please help!

I'm about to leave and go out of town so I can really help as much as I would like but.. It would help if you provided a little more info. Like what Android version were you running when you tried to root? Also, what root method were you using? If all else fails you should be able to run the latest RUU exe while your phone is in bootlloader. The latest ruu will bring you completely back to stock 2.3.4.

Here's a link to all Evo Shift RUU exe [ROM]Speedy Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developers

bhartman36

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your reply, crump84. :)

I was trying to root from Android 2.3.3. I used this program first:

Evil DevNull - Evil Easy HTC Evo Shift GingerBread v2.3.3 Tool Kit

I had an issue with it, so I looked in the XDA forums and found some code there (can't remember the page) and I think that's where everything went wrong.

Is there a newer version of PG06IMG.zip? Maybe that's what I need. I tried going into android-info.txt and increasing the mainversion variable, and while that didn't fail, it didn't do anything when it finished.

Thanks for your offer of assistance. :)

bhartman36

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Try using the first ruu from here FileFactory Folder View - Speedy

It's a program you run from your pc. It should work while your phone is in bootloader

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, thanks! I haven't had a lot of luck getting ruu to run on my computer when the phone was in recovery mode, but maybe that's from using a different version.

The battery appears to be totally drained now. It won't turn on even when it's plugged in to the charger. So it looks like I'm going to have to wait at least a little while to test it.

Last edited:

bhartman36

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm able to load Windows now, so assuming this phone is ever going to fully charge. :)

Last edited:

bhartman36

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm concerned about my battery now. A couple of times now, the charge light has just stopped bliinking. It hasn't turned green. The light just went out. Does that sound ominous to anyone?

bhartman36

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I ended up going to IRC on the #htc_evo_shift channel. With some help from folks there, I found out my Shift is hard-bricked, so I ordered a new one on Ebay. Should be here by Wednesday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2