Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone Not Charging

Hi, Everyone.

I have been having a problem where my phone was stuck in a boot loop. In the process of working on that, I think I have a new one now. The phone doesn't seem to be powering up at all. I have it charging, and the red light blinks, but the blinks become less and less frequent, then eventually stop. But the light doesn't turn green. It just stays that way (for about an hour, at least).

Does anyone have any insight into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Phone Not Charging

This is my second Evo Shift and i've had it for about 6 months. It seems to charge very very slowly when it's plugged into anything other than an actual wall outlet. When it's not charging, the battery is so hot that i have to leave it out of my pocket. I guess the battery is on it's last leg.

the battery will get hot when you leave wifi or 4G on when there is no connection. Try using only 3g for a day to see if I am correct.

Mine doesn't get too hot when i use wifi, but i could fry an egg on the back of it with 3g or 4g. Especially if i'm using Telenav and Pandora at the same time (which is rare to never nowadays).