My Evo Shift hasn't fully charged since last summer. I got a replacement battery in early March and that battery became one with the HTC battery. It charges only as much as the HTC.

Today I noticed that the screen fades into life, and that hours of charging still remains as a drained battery. I have to restart the phone only to reach 60% every time.

And now Sprint no longer carries the Shift.

Suggestions?
    04-29-2012 10:15 PM
    This was HTC's suggestion...

"If you have not already done so, remove the battery and gently wipe off the metal terminals on the phone and the battery using a clean, dry cotton cloth."

It did nothing.
    04-29-2012 10:18 PM
    Sounds like it could be a bad USB port or bad charging cable. Do you have a spare charging cable to test?
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    04-30-2012 03:55 PM
    The USB port may, indeed, be the culprit. When I got my Shift last year the tech at the store told me one of the main problems they have is repairing/replacing the USB port. She said customers can be pretty rough on them; trying to force the connector in upside down, forgetting it's plugged in and pulling it away. Or, as tube517 said, it could just be a bad cord.
    tube517 likes this.
    05-01-2012 11:15 PM
    We've never gotten much support from HTC for this device. It's like it was born a ******* red-headed step-child. What a shame! It could have been a great device. I tried once to get a solution to a problem, and got the same BS answer. They told me I should mail my phone to them so they could analyze it, and I could expect it back in about 3-4 weeks. I was very polite with my negative response to that offer, resisting my usual reaction to such nonsense and leaving out the "F**K YOU!" part.
    05-11-2012 09:15 AM
    We've never gotten much support from HTC for this device. It's like it was born a ******* red-headed step-child. What a shame! It could have been a great device. I tried once to get a solution to a problem, and got the same BS answer. They told me I should mail my phone to them so they could analyze it, and I could expect it back in about 3-4 weeks. I was very polite with my negative response to that offer, resisting my usual reaction to such nonsense and leaving out the "F**K YOU!" part.
    Absolutely. That said all of the issues I had with the phone were solved once I rooted. Thankfully, though this phone may not be by HTC, it is well supported by independent developers. Of course if you're going to pay $100's for a cell phone device it should work out of the box. AMIRIGHT???
    05-11-2012 09:45 AM
    This is a rock solid phone, when rooted. Alot faster and snappier. I am using Synergy ROM on it. It's not hooked up right now but it's being used over wifi.
    05-14-2012 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD