Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tube517
  • 1 Post By Ntchwaidumela
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question EVO Shift Dying?

My Evo Shift hasn't fully charged since last summer. I got a replacement battery in early March and that battery became one with the HTC battery. It charges only as much as the HTC.

Today I noticed that the screen fades into life, and that hours of charging still remains as a drained battery. I have to restart the phone only to reach 60% every time.

And now Sprint no longer carries the Shift.

Suggestions?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: EVO Shift Dying?

This was HTC's suggestion...

"If you have not already done so, remove the battery and gently wipe off the metal terminals on the phone and the battery using a clean, dry cotton cloth."

It did nothing.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Sounds like it could be a bad USB port or bad charging cable. Do you have a spare charging cable to test?
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

Ntchwaidumela likes this.

The USB port may, indeed, be the culprit. When I got my Shift last year the tech at the store told me one of the main problems they have is repairing/replacing the USB port. She said customers can be pretty rough on them; trying to force the connector in upside down, forgetting it's plugged in and pulling it away. Or, as tube517 said, it could just be a bad cord.
    tube517 likes this.

We've never gotten much support from HTC for this device. It's like it was born a ******* red-headed step-child. What a shame! It could have been a great device. I tried once to get a solution to a problem, and got the same BS answer. They told me I should mail my phone to them so they could analyze it, and I could expect it back in about 3-4 weeks. I was very polite with my negative response to that offer, resisting my usual reaction to such nonsense and leaving out the "F**K YOU!" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    We've never gotten much support from HTC for this device. It's like it was born a ******* red-headed step-child. What a shame! It could have been a great device. I tried once to get a solution to a problem, and got the same BS answer. They told me I should mail my phone to them so they could analyze it, and I could expect it back in about 3-4 weeks. I was very polite with my negative response to that offer, resisting my usual reaction to such nonsense and leaving out the "F**K YOU!" part.
    Absolutely. That said all of the issues I had with the phone were solved once I rooted. Thankfully, though this phone may not be by HTC, it is well supported by independent developers. Of course if you're going to pay $100's for a cell phone device it should work out of the box. AMIRIGHT???

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

This is a rock solid phone, when rooted. Alot faster and snappier. I am using Synergy ROM on it. It's not hooked up right now but it's being used over wifi.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM