no 3g on cm7?

madrob78

May 16, 2012
Visit site
ok so i flashed cm7.1 to my shift, however now i can only use my wifi or 4g and 4g is spotty in area to date. is there a seperate ad on to get 3g to work if so does someone have a link for it? ive searched and having no luck so far. thank you in advance also im a noob so be easy with me lol been rooted less than 10 hours now.

Sonkway

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
ok so i flashed cm7.1 to my shift, however now i can only use my wifi or 4g and 4g is spotty in area to date. is there a seperate ad on to get 3g to work if so does someone have a link for it? ive searched and having no luck so far. thank you in advance also im a noob so be easy with me lol been rooted less than 10 hours now.

3G should work on cm7.1... I haven't run it myself but I have run 7.2 and know for sure that 3G works on that ROM available here CyanogenMod Downloads

What's you're baseband version (radio)? Make sure you're on the latest. You can google for it, follow the directions CLOSELY or you may be unhappy with the results, available here on XDA here New cellular radio 1.08.01.0111, touchscreen firmware flashable zip - xda-developers

And make sure you wipe wipe wipe for before flashing! ;)
Instruction for Flashing a Rom - xda-developers

Reactions: crump84

madrob78

May 16, 2012
Visit site
thank you very much for the help. how do you wipe before flash? i know where the wipe is at on rom manager, is this what your talking about?

Sonkway

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
thank you very much for the help. how do you wipe before flash? i know where the wipe is at on rom manager, is this what your talking about?

I am not by any stretch of the term an expert, but I can point you in the right direction. Check out the the link above for "Instruction for Flashing a ROM" and follow it in the order shown. Reboot into recovery (I think* in CM7 you can just hold down the power button and it will be one of the restart/reboot options). Dalvik cache is under the "advanced" menu, cache partition and factory reset are in the first menu, and the format system, data, cache, is under "mounts and storage". I assume you're running ClockworkMod Recovery.

As always, make sure you've got a good/recent backup to restore to just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38