Non working screen-- is there a backlight?

AlexHergensheimer

May 31, 2012
Visit site
My screen was cutting out on me, especially when opening the slider. sometimes it would come on and off if i tapped the power button a few times. tough response seemed to still be good. couldn't see any display at all, even in bright light.

I ordered a new LCD Display Screen and (since I had a cracked screen) a Touch Screen Glass Digitizer.

The install went pretty well, although i couldn't find a noticeable backlight inside the phone so i guess it's built into the LCD. I couldn't find any loose ribbons but what the heck do i know about ribbons anyway?

Put the phone back together. No difference. occasionally the screen will blink on for a second unless i shake the phone or open the keyboard slider and it cuts out again.

one thing I noticed when the phone was open-- a moisture tester had turned red, probably because the phone had been cracked for a while.... hmmmmm....

is there anything else I can do to get my screen working? should i brave the innards of the phone yet again? thanks geniuses!!!!!!!!!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure of an answer to help, but I know my shift had problems with screen cut out for no reason... Usually when opening the slider. The lcd is self lit iirc...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet