Screen not turning on, app buttons do

Freyguy06

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Phone was recently replaced due to a bad charger port. Upon receipt of new phone, I've experienced nothing but problems.
When I push the power button, the app buttons light up, but the screen won't turn on. After multiple attempts, it would finally work. After a while, it got worse. Occasionally, I could slide out my keyboard and that would work, but that isn't working either.
Another issue is that when the screen does come on, the content appears "corrupted" with funky lines going through it and severe lag. If I turned the phone off and back on, it would fix it, however, with the power button issues, you can understand my frustration.
Sprint replaced my original phone at no cost (not even deductible). When I went in yesterday, they said I have to go through the insurance company directly. I emailed and by the end, it asked how I wanted to handle the $100 deductible. I'm not interested in paying a $100 deductible for a phone that hasn't worked since I got it.
I'm not a tech guy, so I appreciate any help.

tp72

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to my daughter's Shift. Only difference is it happened to her 3rd phone. You shouldn't have to go through the Asurion for a replacement. Go to a corporate store with a repair center. They will take a look at it then order you a refurbished one. It used to be that you could talk them into letting you switch it out but no such luck anymore. Good luck.