Sync contacts

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife's EVO shift was acting up, so I factory reset it. Then I installed multiple upgrades (had not been upgraded since she bought it and would not upgrade until I factory reset).

Everything is working except Google contacts are not syncing. I'm getting an error that Google sync is down, but it is not. Other things, such as email are syncing and contacts are syncing on my Photon.

Is there a problem with the current update on syncing contacts?

turkbot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning sync off in settings and restarting sync i have that problem with facebook stalling out all the time and some time google goes stupid

sent from a nuclear explosion

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning sync off in settings and restarting sync i have that problem with facebook stalling out all the time and some time google goes stupid

sent from a nuclear explosion

Thanks. I found the solution and turning off sync is part of it. What worked was this:

1) Turn of background sync.
2) Back up contacts (you are about to delete them).
3) Go to Applications -> Contacts Storage and press the Delete Data button. (This deletes all your contacts).
4) Turn background sync back on.

Sync should resume. Be patient. It may take a while to restore all the contacts. If for any reason this does not work, you can restore from the backup.

I wish I knew where I found this answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36