| || |
[UTILITY][1-CLICK-ROOT] Speedy Root Utility
You've been waiting patiently for it and it's finally here.
Welcome to the
Combination of easiest methods
99% Automization (e.g. Not possible to detect fully booted phone through adb/shell)
Logging enabled for easy debugging
Will be updated periodically (as, and if, new versions are released)
Q. Will this root the latest OTA (2.77.651.8)?
Yes. This utility supports all releases of Android for the Evo Shift
Q. Does this work on Linux?
Mostly. I am still ironing out a couple bugs, but since this is written in java, a large chunk of the work is already taken care of by that.
Q: My phone goes into a bootloop after rooting 2.3.4. Did I do something wrong?
No. That is supposed to happen. Assuming you already have the downgraded PG06IMG.zip on the root of your sdcard, you can immediately click "OK" in my utility when prompted so that it takes you to the bootloader to downgrade. If not, you need to turn off your phone, get the PG06IMG.zip on the sdcard and then manually go into bootloader (Power off/Battery pull then Power + VolDown)
- Downloads adb_window or adb_linux depending on your OS
- Download the root2.2.zip file
- Download the utility.jar file
- Place the adb files into the same folder as the jar
- Extract the root2.2 folder into the same directory as the jar (see picture). DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER TO ANYTHING BUT "root2.2" OR IT WILL NOT WORK.
- Run the utility thoroughly following ALL prompts and prerequisites
- Run the 2.3.4 RUU (either one, preferably the 2.77.651.3 version)
- Follow the instructions for rooting 2.3.4
Note: There is a method for rooting 2.3.3 but 1) I couldn't test it (no RUU found) and 2) This way you get updated software as well.
- Follow steps above for rooting 2.2
- Download the root2.3.4.zip and extract the FOLDER into the same directory as the utility (same way as with root2.2 folder)
- Run the utility throughly following ALL prompts and prerequisites
-Inside "speedy root" folder
---utility jar file (name it whatever you want)
---adb.exe (no .exe extension if on Linux)
---root2.2 (extracted .zip)
---root2.3.4 (extracted zip)
Note: This post will not be updated anymore. Visit the original XDA thread for the most recent version.
To see the original thread on XDA, please go HERE