low space, sd card upgrade, moving files not getting this

Gary James1

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have 2g on an sd card. I get "low space" messages. Bought a 16gb card. Barely anything on the card. No music, 20 photos. Here are the questions:
I "get" that people say simply make a folder on my computer (don't do PCs, have a Mac), then copy my files to it, then to the new SD Card.... but....where is the SC card? Is everything I am seeing on the volumes/phone the SD card?
Second question: Since the apps that I supposedly have moved to the SD card show up nowhere on the Volumes/Phone when I hook up the phone as a drive, then how is this new card going tohelp?
3rd> Where are the apps that I supposedly moved to the SC card? What are they called? Where is this card?

Very confused.

So, sorry for the frustration but I have read tons of threads on this card and that card and what is good and what is bad and moving this and moving that and can I move my music and what happens to this....

Can someone share with me "THE STEPS?"

You know. 1) hook up the phone to the computer.
2) click on the hard drive that says volume/phone
3) all these folders appear. Create a folder called "Stuff on the phone"
4)copy all the stuff that shows up to that folder.

5) Is this the SD Card?
6) where are the apps?
7) there are supposedly 20 apps on the sd card? There are 10 com dot whatevers that appear.
8) can the apps move?
9) if not...then why move the apps to the card and what is going on with the phone storage?

Thank you in advance. It only took me 45 minutes to find how to post a thread on the forums. Didn't know I had to choose my phone model first.
:confused:

hrisikesa

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have 2g on an sd card. I get "low space" messages. Bought a 16gb card. Barely anything on the card. No music, 20 photos. Here are the questions:
I "get" that people say simply make a folder on my computer (don't do PCs, have a Mac), then copy my files to it, then to the new SD Card.... but....where is the SC card? Is everything I am seeing on the volumes/phone the SD card?
Second question: Since the apps that I supposedly have moved to the SD card show up nowhere on the Volumes/Phone when I hook up the phone as a drive, then how is this new card going tohelp?
3rd> Where are the apps that I supposedly moved to the SC card? What are they called? Where is this card?

Very confused.

:confused:

A piece of advice
You know your limitations right now. It sounds like you have not yet rooted your device. Once you have root then your problem really is minor. So root your phone! Find an app in google play that BACKS UP your installed applications. Titanium Backup (really popular) does just this! Backup your stuff OFF your SDcard by installing and running " Titanium Backup" from google play.

Best Wishes

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried repartitioning your sdcard. copy your stuff to your pc , reformat and partition the sdcard

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc