- 1 Posts
low space, sd card upgrade, moving files not getting this
I have 2g on an sd card. I get "low space" messages. Bought a 16gb card. Barely anything on the card. No music, 20 photos. Here are the questions:
I "get" that people say simply make a folder on my computer (don't do PCs, have a Mac), then copy my files to it, then to the new SD Card.... but....where is the SC card? Is everything I am seeing on the volumes/phone the SD card?
Second question: Since the apps that I supposedly have moved to the SD card show up nowhere on the Volumes/Phone when I hook up the phone as a drive, then how is this new card going tohelp?
3rd> Where are the apps that I supposedly moved to the SC card? What are they called? Where is this card?
So, sorry for the frustration but I have read tons of threads on this card and that card and what is good and what is bad and moving this and moving that and can I move my music and what happens to this....
Can someone share with me "THE STEPS?"
You know. 1) hook up the phone to the computer.
2) click on the hard drive that says volume/phone
3) all these folders appear. Create a folder called "Stuff on the phone"
4)copy all the stuff that shows up to that folder.
5) Is this the SD Card?
6) where are the apps?
7) there are supposedly 20 apps on the sd card? There are 10 com dot whatevers that appear.
8) can the apps move?
9) if not...then why move the apps to the card and what is going on with the phone storage?
Thank you in advance. It only took me 45 minutes to find how to post a thread on the forums. Didn't know I had to choose my phone model first.
- 03-16-2013, 12:40 AM #2
- 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM #3
- 6 Posts
Re: low space, sd card upgrade, moving files not getting this
A piece of advice
You know your limitations right now. It sounds like you have not yet rooted your device. Once you have root then your problem really is minor. So root your phone! Find an app in google play that BACKS UP your installed applications. Titanium Backup (really popular) does just this! Backup your stuff OFF your SDcard by installing and running " Titanium Backup" from google play.
- 04-24-2013, 12:00 AM #4
- 04-24-2013, 10:11 PM #5
- By MannyZ28 in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 0Last Post: 07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
- By bigslam123#AC in forum Incredible AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
- By 1414H77 in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 19Last Post: 07-25-2010, 08:11 PM
- By Matt in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM
- By mr.s4ndm4n in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 04-25-2010, 07:19 PM