Evo shift root.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The guy in the video may have not updated the files in the folder. I had this issue until they were updated. Also, make sure you use the right adb folder as the one in the example is wrong.

turkbot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been using this root video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYeecNuocq8 and I got to the part where he says to do "adb shell" and it keeps saying "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. i have already tried to talk to the guy but he has not responded. Please help.

Check your environmental variables 1 wrong anything and that will happen I do it to

[.-.]

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to use the same method and even went as far as installing linux to get the job done and still no results. Does anyone know of a method that will either root, downgrade, or get s-off for gb 2.3.4? Almost time to get a new phone but I am determined to get this one rooted.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
As of last night the EVO Shift is rooted. Used HTCdev and selected the EVO 3D to unlock the bootloader and then used the HTC Quick Root tool. After 2 Monsters and TV in between it took a little more than an hour to complete the task.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
As of last night the EVO Shift is rooted. Used HTCdev and selected the EVO 3D to unlock the bootloader and then used the HTC Quick Root tool. After 2 Monsters and TV in between it took a little more than an hour to complete the task.

Congrats! I would now suggest to flash a custom ROM. JellyBelly/Omega is probably the best one which speeds up the phone and gives you JellyBean.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Again thanks tube. Even though I will probably be shopping for a new device in a month I will still probably flash a new rom to the Shift. Just to gain a bit more experience.