Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

What carriers is this device aimed at? Sprint only?

Quote Originally Posted by mellojoe View Post
    What carriers is this device aimed at? Sprint only?
    Evo Shift 4G is Sprint's. Verizon supposedly will get the Merge at some point and T-mobile has the G2. All pretty much the same phone(hardware) with a different exterior.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I'm still not convinced that its a light or a sensor on the shift.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Default look

leaked
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

^ Old news
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

ROM
    RockSolid GingerSense

Looks slick to me. I don't care about that front-facing camera. We don't have 4G in this city yet nor do I have anyone who is willing to voice-chat as none of them have smartphones to do it with save for a couple iPhone lovers out there...
    HTC Hero - Sprint | ClockworkMod | RockSolid GingerSense, Android 2.3
    Nook Color CyanogenMod 7.0.2, Android 2.3

Fear denies Faith
    Samsung BlackJack II>HTC Touch Pro>HTC Hero
    Nook Color

If this HTC EVO Knight come with front camera then I will replace Currently HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by NEPatriot4Life View Post
    If this HTC EVO Knight come with front camera then I will replace Currently HTC EVO
    Why what if its not any better?
    I'll bring some popcorn and coke. You get the forum up on your widescreen tv

Quote Originally Posted by thefalloftroy_ View Post
    not sure if you guys missed this, i doubt it, but im not quiet sure what this is, because it looks like a camera, but idk :\

found in and I copy and paste

I just received an anonymous tip from a reliable source with information that may be exciting to you:

“Listen, the tipster had their hands on the new EVO Shift 4G today and had mostly nothing but good things to say about it. The EVO Shift is the next generation EVO with a slide out keyboard, 3.7 in screen, 5MP camera with dual flash and a front facing camera also. The full specs as far processor, etc.. were not mentioned.

The tipster did say that the keyboard was rather stiff sliding out, but that could just be an issue with the pre-production model. The tipster also mentioned that the keyboard was very disappointing compared to the keyboard on the Touch Pro 2. I was also told by their source (who had the device) that the release date would be January 9th, but pricing information nor any other details were given. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Youssef7 View Post
    Why what if its not any better?
    I do love EVO but sometime i like to use Keyboard and also ZVRS Z4 mobile apps wont work on EVO because of block code and MainStream VRS apps block any other Relay service on EVO... I need Relay service on EVO since i am deaf and use relay service or point to point on EVO...... Just look for urself and undersstand what i am talking about Relay service... Look at Market name ZVRS Z4 Mobile

or look website.

ZVRS

MainStream (Sucks Apps)

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    Evo Shift 4G is Sprint's. Verizon supposedly will get the Merge at some point and T-mobile has the G2. All pretty much the same phone(hardware) with a different exterior.
    None for AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPatriot4Life View Post
    found in and I copy and paste

I just received an anonymous tip from a reliable source with information that may be exciting to you:

“Listen, the tipster had their hands on the new EVO Shift 4G today and had mostly nothing but good things to say about it. The EVO Shift is the next generation EVO with a slide out keyboard, 3.7 in screen, 5MP camera with dual flash and a front facing camera also. The full specs as far processor, etc.. were not mentioned.

The tipster did say that the keyboard was rather stiff sliding out, but that could just be an issue with the pre-production model. The tipster also mentioned that the keyboard was very disappointing compared to the keyboard on the Touch Pro 2. I was also told by their source (who had the device) that the release date would be January 9th, but pricing information nor any other details were given. ”
    I hope that info is true for two reasons. One would be the front camera and the second would be that it uses a normal sliding keyboard and not the Z-hinge.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    I hope that info is true for two reasons. One would be the front camera and the second would be that it uses a normal sliding keyboard and not the Z-hinge.
    Yeah Me too

"this is not the next generation evo. The Evo Currently has a 8mp camera and a 1.2mp front camera and a 4.3″ screen. The current evo is a premium device according to google since it has a 4″ screen and will handle android 3 as android v3 will need a 4″ screen 1ghz cpu and 512mb of storage/. This newer phone the Knight is a step down and a not even in the same league as my EVO!"

Is this true????? Because I rather have the Evo then.....
    I'll bring some popcorn and coke. You get the forum up on your widescreen tv

Quote Originally Posted by Youssef7 View Post
    "this is not the next generation evo. The Evo Currently has a 8mp camera and a 1.2mp front camera and a 4.3″ screen. The current evo is a premium device according to google since it has a 4″ screen and will handle android 3 as android v3 will need a 4″ screen 1ghz cpu and 512mb of storage/. This newer phone the Knight is a step down and a not even in the same league as my EVO!"

Is this true????? Because I rather have the Evo then.....
    this is so ******ed it's crazy. the 800Mhz processor in this Evo Shift 4g is the next gen Snapdragon and it totally outperforms the Evo's snapdragon. only idiots think clock speed equals power. performance tests prove this. look at the HTC G2 (evo shift 4g) quadrant, linpack, and neocore scores...
    This is the same way of thinking which leads people to believe that more mega pixels equals better pictures. samsung and iphone 5 mega pixel cameras make the Evo's 8 Megapixel photos look lousy.
    everything that this person said was misleading or wrong.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmonster457 View Post
    this is so ******ed it's crazy. the 800Mhz processor in this Evo Shift 4g is the next gen Snapdragon and it totally outperforms the Evo's snapdragon. only idiots think clock speed equals power. performance tests prove this. look at the HTC G2 (evo shift 4g) quadrant, linpack, and neocore scores...
    This is the same way of thinking which leads people to believe that more mega pixels equals better pictures. samsung and iphone 5 mega pixel cameras make the Evo's 8 Megapixel photos look lousy.
    everything that this person said was misleading or wrong.
    Agreed.

Besides the fact that google has put NO REQUIREMENTS on what phones can handle 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Agreed.

Besides the fact that google has put NO REQUIREMENTS on what phones can handle 2.3
    True but they seem to have made the tegra2 a benchmark for honeycomb if im not mistaken. Then again when will we probably see honeycomb again anyways.

what are some price predictions on the EVO shift 4g? I guess $199...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmonster457 View Post
    what are some price predictions on the EVO shift 4g? I guess $199...
    If it's 199.99 the evo should get a price drop. I can see the shift going 199.99 with 100 mail in rebate making it 100 bucks.

god damn it, when will we know about a front facing camera??

Because there isn't any... I guess.

Not interested.. EVO looks a lot better
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 6.1.1/Zendroid 1.0.1

count me in, if it's the next gen snapdragon and the slider isn't sloppy i'll drop my Evo for it.

don't care for front facing camera as i have only used the one on my Evo once, just to make sure it works :-P

i love my Evo but some days i miss having a real keyboard and the Epic feels to flimsy for my taste, plus the epic doesn't have the developer community the Evo has.

hopefully the trend will continue with the Shift

can you say "CM7"?

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

yea i want to see some detailed specs asap!!! I am itching for a new phone to replace my palm 800w. Still going to wait till after CES but so far it is between the EVO & the Shift.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ROM
    depends on the time

Best buy shows it in their system for 150 with upgrade or new line

The real kicker for me is going to be the slider. If it is a loose, flimsy piece of junk like the G2 I am going to have to look at other options. I hope HTC has taken the time to tighten it up.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast