New pic of the HTC Speedy/Knight/Shift 4G

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks nice but since using the Evo as my daily phone since launch my minimum screen size is 4". I've used the front facing camera twice I think, so I don't care if that goes or stays.

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
hey

i looked at the G2, and the Desire Z. they both don't have that "dot" to the left of the ear piece. i'm almost positive its a Front Facing Camera. Look below...

Last edited:

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
The thing is the HTC Merge is also said to be the same or similar phone to the Evo Shift 4G and it does have a little circle near the ear piece. It is for a light. I hope it is actually a camera for the Evo Shift but I am not getting my hopes up.

possible-november-11th-launch-for-htc-merge-lexikon-_1.jpg

Reactions: sweetmonster457

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
What carriers is this device aimed at? Sprint only?

Evo Shift 4G is Sprint's. Verizon supposedly will get the Merge at some point and T-mobile has the G2. All pretty much the same phone(hardware) with a different exterior.

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks slick to me. I don't care about that front-facing camera. We don't have 4G in this city yet nor do I have anyone who is willing to voice-chat as none of them have smartphones to do it with save for a couple iPhone lovers out there...

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
not sure if you guys missed this, i doubt it, but im not quiet sure what this is, because it looks like a camera, but idk :\

52lts4.jpg

found in HTC EVO Shift 4G Coming To Sprint January 9th?? - Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers and I copy and paste

I just received an anonymous tip from a reliable source with information that may be exciting to you:

?Listen, the tipster had their hands on the new EVO Shift 4G today and had mostly nothing but good things to say about it. The EVO Shift is the next generation EVO with a slide out keyboard, 3.7 in screen, 5MP camera with dual flash and a front facing camera also. The full specs as far processor, etc.. were not mentioned.

The tipster did say that the keyboard was rather stiff sliding out, but that could just be an issue with the pre-production model. The tipster also mentioned that the keyboard was very disappointing compared to the keyboard on the Touch Pro 2. I was also told by their source (who had the device) that the release date would be January 9th, but pricing information nor any other details were given. ?

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Why what if its not any better?

I do love EVO but sometime i like to use Keyboard and also ZVRS Z4 mobile apps wont work on EVO because of block code and MainStream VRS apps block any other Relay service on EVO... I need Relay service on EVO since i am deaf and use relay service or point to point on EVO...... Just look for urself and undersstand what i am talking about Relay service... Look at Market name ZVRS Z4 Mobile

or look website.

ZVRS Z4 - ZVRS

MainStream Mainstream VRS (Sucks Apps)

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
found in HTC EVO Shift 4G Coming To Sprint January 9th?? - Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers and I copy and paste

I just received an anonymous tip from a reliable source with information that may be exciting to you:

?Listen, the tipster had their hands on the new EVO Shift 4G today and had mostly nothing but good things to say about it. The EVO Shift is the next generation EVO with a slide out keyboard, 3.7 in screen, 5MP camera with dual flash and a front facing camera also. The full specs as far processor, etc.. were not mentioned.

The tipster did say that the keyboard was rather stiff sliding out, but that could just be an issue with the pre-production model. The tipster also mentioned that the keyboard was very disappointing compared to the keyboard on the Touch Pro 2. I was also told by their source (who had the device) that the release date would be January 9th, but pricing information nor any other details were given. ?

I hope that info is true for two reasons. One would be the front camera and the second would be that it uses a normal sliding keyboard and not the Z-hinge.

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
"this is not the next generation evo. The Evo Currently has a 8mp camera and a 1.2mp front camera and a 4.3″ screen. The current evo is a premium device according to google since it has a 4″ screen and will handle android 3 as android v3 will need a 4″ screen 1ghz cpu and 512mb of storage/. This newer phone the Knight is a step down and a not even in the same league as my EVO!"

Is this true????? Because I rather have the Evo then.....

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
"this is not the next generation evo. The Evo Currently has a 8mp camera and a 1.2mp front camera and a 4.3″ screen. The current evo is a premium device according to google since it has a 4″ screen and will handle android 3 as android v3 will need a 4″ screen 1ghz cpu and 512mb of storage/. This newer phone the Knight is a step down and a not even in the same league as my EVO!"

Is this true????? Because I rather have the Evo then.....
this is so ******ed it's crazy. the 800Mhz processor in this Evo Shift 4g is the next gen Snapdragon and it totally outperforms the Evo's snapdragon. only idiots think clock speed equals power. performance tests prove this. look at the HTC G2 (evo shift 4g) quadrant, linpack, and neocore scores...
This is the same way of thinking which leads people to believe that more mega pixels equals better pictures. samsung and iphone 5 mega pixel cameras make the Evo's 8 Megapixel photos look lousy.
everything that this person said was misleading or wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781