Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,976 Global Posts

Default New pic of the HTC Speedy/Knight/Shift 4G

What's the specs on this, can someone post a link?

not sure if you guys missed this, i doubt it, but im not quiet sure what this is, because it looks like a camera, but idk :\

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Is this in a snap case? It looks ugly as sin if it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by thefalloftroy_ View Post
    not sure if you guys missed this, i doubt it, but im not quiet sure what this is, because it looks like a camera, but idk :\
    I asked that in another thread somewhere and someone said it was probably a proximity or light sensor I would love if it was a camera though...
    Last edited by hmmm; 12-11-2010 at 02:21 PM.

This is great! I'm actually going to be upgrading my phone to the HTC EVO in January, but was waiting for them to announce how much this slide version will cost? If it is the same price with 2 year eligible upgrade, I wonder if I should wait... Here's hoping the announce the price soon.

That's ugly... I'll stick with my Evo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New pic of the HTC Speedy/Knight/Shift 4G-htc-evo-4g-01-top-450x306.jpg  
    Last edited by rushrl; 12-11-2010 at 04:24 PM.

I hope they keep the 4.3" screen.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

ROM
    Back to stock Froyo..yuck

I'm hoping for a front camera, if not then it's Epic 4G for me!

I'm not certain how this is a step forward from the EVO / Epic. I haven't been playing close attention to the specs, but it seems that a lack of front-facing camera is a biggie.

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

According to this thread:

Here are the alleged specs:
    -3.7" slider w/ WiMax
    -Old Sense running 2.2 (based off of the ROM leak)
    -CPU is NOT dual core and points to the current 2nd gen Snapdragon, probably the same 800 MHz one on the Desire Z / G2 -- this still makes it better than the EVO especialy GPU wise. This again comes from the ROM leak.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    I asked that in another thread somewhere and someone said it was probably a proximity or light sensor I would love if it was a camera though...
    thats what i thought it might have been too, but i was just at best buy and decided to give the real EVO a look, and the camera looks exactly the same, soooooo idk lol

ROM

Um, has anyone else noticed the "ROFL" above the sun on the face of the phone? And those same letters on the keyboard have black marks on them.,........

Before I get slammed for that comment....I didn't realize that was the name of the tippster...haha
    Last edited by Gust30; 12-11-2010 at 07:14 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

That 800mhz processor kills everything. Including hummingbirds, so I'm pumped for this. Idc if it has ffc, I never use mine as it is and that qwerty is welcomed by me at least.

Btw, that processor can be overclocked to 1800mhz stable. Yeah.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

I think if it gets miui ported to it, then I'll try to trade my evo for it.

I wish it had specs but I mostly want to know weight and thickness

The front facing camera is the only thing on my EVO that doesnt get used. I wish the screen was at least 4" though. I want it anyway.

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Definately want this over an Epic 4G.

Eh, after thinking about it...I'm just gonna go ahead continue with getting my EVO in Jan.

ROM

My wife has the Epic and it will be a toss-up between this and the Epic. A front camera would be helpful in the decision though
    Mayor of Awesometown

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Looks nice but since using the Evo as my daily phone since launch my minimum screen size is 4". I've used the front facing camera twice I think, so I don't care if that goes or stays.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I hope it has a metal battery cover and such. Sprint always cheaps out on that stuff, I want metal parts!
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Default hey

i looked at the G2, and the Desire Z. they both don't have that "dot" to the left of the ear piece. i'm almost positive its a Front Facing Camera. Look below...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New pic of the HTC Speedy/Knight/Shift 4G-ffc.jpg  
    Last edited by sweetmonster457; 12-16-2010 at 10:28 AM.

The thing is the HTC Merge is also said to be the same or similar phone to the Evo Shift 4G and it does have a little circle near the ear piece. It is for a light. I hope it is actually a camera for the Evo Shift but I am not getting my hopes up.

Thanked by:

god damn, it looks like you're right. 4g with no video chat? im just gonna hold out for the next best thing. hopefully its at CES...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast