Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

Default Re: Which phone are you switching from and why?

I went from the Centro (if that counts lol), HTC Diamond running Android, back to Centro, Optimus S then Evo Shift. Gotta say the shift is my favorite so far.
    Android. You know like The Terminator.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goodness V8.0.5a

I've been using blackberry's for years, my last one being a tour 9630. Big difference but so far I'm really enjoying the shift.
    Last edited by Ga101698; 07-25-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ga101698 View Post
    Iive been using blackberry's for yeatrs, my last one being a tour 9630. Big difference but so far I'm really enjoying the shift.
    Welcome to the Shift and Android Central!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by crump84 View Post
    Welcome to the Shift and Android Central!
    Samsung Epic. I went through 4 of them and there isn't enough space here for me to list all of the problems I had even with the last one. Sprint let me out of my contract early, and I got the shift yesterday as a free upgrade. So far I love it. It is better constructed than the Epic and more stable without all the hardware and software glitches. The only down side is it is a little slower and the screen is smaller but I can live with that for a phone that WORKS as advertised.

I had a blackberry curve from boost mobile and liked the qwerty key pad but then after messing around with my sisters android phone and i wanted one so i got an evo shift and i love it!

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

Quote Originally Posted by juggaloespada View Post
    I had a blackberry curve from boost mobile and liked the qwerty key pad but then after messing around with my sisters android phone and i wanted one so i got an evo shift and i love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by gman79 View Post
    Samsung Epic. I went through 4 of them and there isn't enough space here for me to list all of the problems I had even with the last one. Sprint let me out of my contract early, and I got the shift yesterday as a free upgrade. So far I love it. It is better constructed than the Epic and more stable without all the hardware and software glitches. The only down side is it is a little slower and the screen is smaller but I can live with that for a phone that WORKS as advertised.
    You both made wise choices... Welcome to the Shift forum

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

First time poster, long time lurker. I'm coming from the original Sprint Palm Pre. Absolutely loved WebOS. Still like it better than Android. But, Spring never updated the phone, WebOS was not going to be upgraded from 1.45 to 2.0 on Sprint (apparently the original phone hardware specs could not handle it), there was no indication the Pre3 would even be carried by Sprint (and even so it would be outgunned before it even hit the shelves), and my phone has been acting up in a way that repairing wasn't an option. For me, it came down to a business decision: do I spend $75 for a lightly used phone that won't be supported or upgraded, or do I spend $100 on a brand new phone that will/

I ended up with the Evo Shift. For me, having a physical keyboard was more important than a bigger screen, faster processor and 3D. And since there are only 2 phone on Sprint that fit the bill, the choice was easy. I've always admired HTC phones, and never trusted Samsung phones. So the Shift was the only choice I had, really.

I love the physical build of the phone. I love the plethora of apps that I can use. I love knowing the phone will be updated at least until I'm up for an upgrade in a year (being a platinum Sprint premier customer helps). I hate leaving WebOS, and I hate feeling like WebOS would kick so much *** on this hardware. But time and technology waits for no man, so I had to make a move...

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3 with root

Coming from a Crapsung Transform. I had it rooted OC and every last little thing possible to get it to be useable. I Open my shift turn it on and almost fainted at how fast smooth and awesome right out the box. I really don't know what to do with myself not having to do a million things to this just to make it run well.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ahandlen003 View Post
    Coming from a BB Curve 8330 which i had for almost 2 years now. I was a huge fan of BB until the end of my contract here and the phone has gotten significantly slower. IDK if its just the "older" BB's but its lagging to much for me now and i cant wait to switch over to the shift of friday.
    This is my story as well. The 8330 is my first smartphone and I like it so much that I bought another one, used, when I threw my first phone out of a moving car (entirely by accident, mind you).

I've never got the hang of typing on a touchscreen phone and love the BB keyboard, so I want a physical keyboard. I've been doing a lot of research and reading reviews the past few days and none of the extra/better features of the other EVOs or other similar phones I can get from Sprint are very important. Got to handle a few Shifts in a store today and totally dig it! Will be making my upgrade very soon now.

Oh, and I'm a total Google fanboy and Android makes me feel funny in the pants.
    Last edited by Belhade; 08-09-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: specified carrier

Had to leave Palm Pre-. Honestly, not that too excited about. The Evo Shift is nice and all, but I really do miss webOS.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmills3 View Post
    Had to leave Palm Pre-. Honestly, not that too excited about. The Evo Shift is nice and all, but I really do miss webOS.
    I came from the Pre also. I found myself trying to flick the apps away on the shift then remembering it doesn't work that way. There is a learning curve, but not that bad. The number of apps for android will blow you away and i think the shift blows the Pre away as a phone. Give it a chance, I think you'll like it.
    EVOlution: Original Palm Pre --> HTC EVO Shift --> Samsung Galaxy S3 --> Nexus 5

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

BB Bold to a
    TBOLT

tired of the slow BB Browser.....

ROM
    Reborn ROM

LG Optimus S to HTC Evo Shift 4G ... I'm a big guy with big hands and the physical keyboard works better for me without turning my phone option into a baby tablet. So now my son is the proud owner of the LG
    Last edited by djspade; 09-09-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added to the post.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

My Evo met an untimely death last week (dropped it, screen shattered) so I figured I'd try something different. Bought it from a guy on CL yesterday, rooted it last night. Now running CM Nightly#179. So far, so good.
    HTC One- InsertCoin 7.0.3
    iPad 3rd Gen - 32 gig

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Had to leave my palm behind and now using HTC Evo Shift 4G. Just cant leave it alone though just like my pixi. any sugestions would be welcome.

Samsung Strive.

I really hate the keyboard. It's too damn small! I need a newer phone finally. The Evo Shift is right for me. I really want to try qwerty keyboard.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567