NEW pix / Evo Shift 4G in the wild!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Engadget caught some pictures of this bad boy, and sad to hear. It does NOT have a FFC. This may turn alot of people away from it, but hey think realistically about how many times you actually use the dang thing if you have one. I hardly ever do, if i do its for S!9t's and giggles.

Here is the source link too engadget and the pics. - HTC EVO Shift 4G in the wild! -- Engadget

And few of em here.

htc-evo-4g-shift-itw-02.jpg

htc-evo-4g-shift-itw-01.jpg

htc-evo-4g-shift-itw-05.jpg

I think it looks pretty slick, ill definately consider stealing a family members upgrade for it. Or maybe wait until summer, who knows.

How about y'all?

Reactions: sweetmonster457

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a trackpad, and I guess it's useful. I guess when I hear d-pad I think gaming and forget about cursor movement. LOL

Want another dream killed? The shift won't have a AMOLED display. :p :p :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think SAMOLED is over saturated. I've also seen some reports that it's not very battery efficient when it's on.

SLCD seems more natural to me. Colors seem more accurate, and sunlight readability is as good as it gets.

Hate to say it, but Apple did it right going with an IPS LCD display. So did Motorola. HTC went with the next best thing (but 99% as good) with SLCD.

There is also some argument about the sharpness of text with AMOLED (super or not) because of the layout of the pixels. It's an inherent difference between the two technologies.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
so I see where it says "seemingly no front camera" but i dont see the specs saying that. just earlier today, "official" specs were found that did have it with the ffc. i'm so confused.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
so I see where it says "seemingly no front camera" but i dont see the specs saying that. just earlier today, "official" specs were found that did have it with the ffc. i'm so confused.

The pictures of the real device lead everyone to believe that it does NOT have a FFC. Engadget and AC would've mentioned that in the write ups.

harpstar

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
There are no official specs on this thing. The specs will be official when HTC/Sprint release them. Until then all we have are some photos and speculation.

I will never understand why people make absolute statements in regard to information that has not been released. At this point we can say that there doesn't appear to be a FFC or it will most likely have a 3.7" screen.

Check your ego. Pretending that you know something as fact when you don't doesn't impress anyone.

Reactions: sweetmonster457