1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default The Evo Shift in action

What do think?

ROM

The Screen looks great... I have the Cash for this now... but idk if i can justify the buy
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

It's ok... that's all for now. Even if I wanted it I couldn't get it. I've already use my upgrade on my beloved HTC EVO.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

I will be getting this...how soon... idk

sent from enzofall
    I tweet too - @enzofall

I kinda wish it had at least a 4.0 inch screen. Hard to call it an EVO with such a small screen

Wish the guy would have put it beside and stacked it up with the Epic to see how they compare...

Global Posts
    1,508 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

i hate how the guy keep talking like the shift replaces the EVO. It does not. If it did, it would have been called the second generation EVO or the first EVO would have been remloved from sprint's website.
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

I was really debating selling my EVO for this until i saw that video.. now I'll just wait til the summer for the replacement EVO.

2GB microSD, single flash, no FFC.... all this thing has is a better processor and a keyboard? I'm glad we're seeing this type of phone as I would like a physical keyboard but no thanks on this one..
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I was really debating selling my EVO for this until i saw that video.. now I'll just wait til the summer for the replacement EVO.

2GB microSD, single flash, no FFC.... all this thing has is a better processor and a keyboard? I'm glad we're seeing this type of phone as I would like a physical keyboard but no thanks on this one..
    i think if this was smaller but NO keyboard it would be great. I like the Nexus One/Incredible size. I don't really want a slideout keyboard! I wish there was a top tier phone on Sprint that wasn't 4.3 inches and didn't have a slideout keyboard. Kinda like the regular Galaxy S or Nexus S or Incredible.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    i think if this was smaller but NO keyboard it would be great. I like the Nexus One/Incredible size. I don't really want a slideout keyboard! I wish there was a top tier phone on Sprint that wasn't 4.3 inches and didn't have a slideout keyboard. Kinda like the regular Galaxy S or Nexus S or Incredible.
    You never know that might be next... Just sayin
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

another video:

so does anyone predict an EVO price drop, or is Sprint gonna keep it $200. i wanna upgrade to the EVOshift, EVO, or EPIC. epic might be too expensive for the support galaxy s phones get though.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Notice when you see EVO and EVO Shift side by side that the EVO has less wasted space on the front. The black unused space above/below the screen and buttons is much less on the Senior. Junior could have extended the screen down a little, but maybe it's a diagonal scaling thing, huh? Would it have also been wider to be longer?

Too bad they didn't use the HTC Touch Pro2 keyboard. A few nicer shortcut buttons and the number row like that would have been better, like they used for the HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint as well.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

Wirefly makes a big point of comparing features between the two, but completely ignores the front facing camera of the original EVO. No mention of it at all. Since the Shift doesn't have one, that's a big point that SHOULD have been highlighted in the video.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

Let's be honest...do you use your fcc?

sent from enzofall
    I tweet too - @enzofall

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

yea im suprised they didnt say anything about it.

How would the still pictures compare between the EVO and the EVO shift (8 MP camera vs 5 MP)?
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by enzofall View Post
    Let's be honest...do you use your fcc?

sent from enzofall
    Yes, indeed. I use Tango all the time to chat with my relatives across the country. Just because YOU may not use it doesn't mean it isn't important. It's one of the reasons I got an EVO.

Anyway, my point was that it is a feature that was overlooked, either accidentally or on purpose. Not sure which. But it should have been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjeffcoat View Post
    How would the still pictures compare between the EVO and the EVO shift (8 MP camera vs 5 MP)?
    Since adjusting my camera settings.. My pics and videos are awesome. That's what I love about the EVO the unending customization.

I'm due for an upgrade next month and was waiting for the specs on the Evo Shift.But honestly I'm a little disappointed,don't know what I was expecting,but the more I see of the Evo Shift the more I think about purchasing the Evo. The phone I have now is the TP2 so I'm kind of desperate.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

At this point there is nothing out there compelling enough for me to replace my EVO.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kic360 View Post
    I'm due for an upgrade next month and was waiting for the specs on the Evo Shift.But honestly I'm a little disappointed,don't know what I was expecting,but the more I see of the Evo Shift the more I think about purchasing the Evo. The phone I have now is the TP2 so I'm kind of desperate.
    I went from a TP2 to the EVO and after getting some settings changed, the battery has been stellar. I got used to the keyboard after about 10 days or so and it's really nice - I never used the virtual kb on my TP2, but the added size on the EVO makes it a breeze. Funny thing is that the EVO seems more pocketable than my TP2 was simply due to being more slim, even though much longer/wider.

The only thing holding me back on the EVO is that Android just doesn't play with Outlook/Exchange calendar sync as well as WinMo. Not sure if WP7 would be that much better since I like that you can customize Android more, but I'm considering the HTC 7 Pro that Sprint hopefully gets soon. Are you looking at that one as well? What about something good this week from HP/Palm? If they do a nice larger horizontal slider, that would be worth a close look.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.