Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Htc shift? WHO CARES.

All this Hype for a dumbed down EVO with a keyboard woppy dooda!
    its not like Im going down to sprint and upgrade my evo for a **** I mean shift!

ROM

Yea... u obviously missed the point of this phone... Its not targeted toward people like us with the EVO *Even though I personally love the form factor*

Dont trash the phone considering its actually a more powerful device then our Evos
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

People just don't get it...

This si good for Sprint and HTC. It expands their product range to more people.

For example. This is the perfect phone for my wife and maybe my kid. All the Evo goodness in a a size better than them. She also prefers a keyboard so that is good.

If you don;t like it Move on. The original Evo is what, 7 months old. Sprint is not expecting you to drop it for this new handset. Expect a new Evo replacement around May and June (maybe earlier)
    when the original Evo Premiere customers are eligible for an upgrade.

So THANK YOU sprint/HTC for releasing this phone. It will make everyone else in my house happy!

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    People just don't get it...

This si good for Sprint and HTC. It expands their product range to more people.

For example. This is the perfect phone for my wife and maybe my kid. All the Evo goodness in a a size better than them. She also prefers a keyboard so that is good.

If you don;t like it Move on. The original Evo is what, 7 months old. Sprint is not expecting you to drop it for this new handset. Expect a new Evo replacement around May and June (maybe earlier)
    when the original Evo Premiere customers are eligible for an upgrade.

So THANK YOU sprint/HTC for releasing this phone. It will make everyone else in my house happy!

THATS ME!!!! Proud to be a Premier Customer!!!

The Fact the Sprint is expanding its android range like this is refreshing

We aren't bound to just 2 phones to choose from

Choice is the biggest selling point in our Android arsenal

Its a big reason I hate Apple with a passion

No choice its either this phone or nothing
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    THATS ME!!!! Proud to be a Premier Customer!!!

The Fact the Sprint is expanding its android range like this is refreshing

We aren't bound to just 2 phones to choose from

Choice is the biggest selling point in our Android arsenal

Its a big reason I hate Apple with a passion

No choice its either this phone or nothing
    Amen!

I don't know why people keep putting the phone down. Htc really should have named it something else. This phone looks great and I love that sprint is finally getting some heavy hitters. That's 3 for us....this is a good thing

how can there still be morons that don't know that this phone OUTPERFORMS the EVO?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmonster457 View Post
    how can there still be morons that don't know that this phone OUTPERFORMS the EVO?
    Exactly. Everyone who doubts, please do a youtube search for the G2 and this will show how powerful and how important this phone is in htc arsenal.

This reminds me of when Honda was making 4 bangers and everyone thought they were underpowered. The tsx was coming out and skeptics wondered how they could make a luxury car on a 4cyl. The Acura TSX (made by honda) came out and that was a 4cyl with 200hp. People put it down and soon after it became one of their best engines. Numbers mean nothing.
    Last edited by Droid-One; 01-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.

I'm pretty sure this ph9one is going to be a sprint version of the T-Mobile g2. Obviously
    Whether you think the g2 kicks the evos ***, well that all comes down to opinion and preference. I have seen the g2 do some pretty promising benchmarks so don't underestimate the 800mhz processor. And I bet this processor is one of the newer ones from qualcom or whoever so it could out perform the evo

But I think anyone who buys this phone is foolish unless sprint doesn't announce a dual core phone in the near future. I'm thinking of jumping to Verizon if the thunderbolt is really as good as they're making it seem. Although I probably can't jump ship for a few more months so hopefully there'll be something even better

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-One View Post
    I don't know why people keep putting the phone down. Htc really should have named it something else. This phone looks great and I love that sprint is finally getting some heavy hitters. That's 3 for us....this is a good thing
    HTC didnt Name the Phone Sprint did...

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-One View Post
    Exactly. Everyone who doubts, please do a youtube search for the G2 and this will show how powerful and how important this phone is in htc arsenal.

This reminds me of when Honda was making 4 bangers and everyone thought they were underpowered. The tsx was coming out and skeptics wondered how they could make a luxury car on a 4cyl. The Acura TSX (made by honda) came out and that was a 4cyl with 200hp. People put it down and soon after it became one of their best engines. Numbers mean nothing.
    This one is a Side Note... but relevant to our discussion none the less...

The K24a2 is an amazing piece of machinery...

I have a k20a3 mated to a k20a2 tranny and honestly Honda did some amazing things with the K-Series line

The K24A2 mated to my tranny would destroy most if not all... Throw a Turbo on that Monster and you have a 400 hp 4 banger that will walk all over some domestic booty...

Quote Originally Posted by shaundizzle View Post
    I'm pretty sure this ph9one is going to be a sprint version of the T-Mobile g2. Obviously
    Whether you think the g2 kicks the evos ***, well that all comes down to opinion and preference. I have seen the g2 do some pretty promising benchmarks so don't underestimate the 800mhz processor. And I bet this processor is one of the newer ones from qualcom or whoever so it could out perform the evo

But I think anyone who buys this phone is foolish unless sprint doesn't announce a dual core phone in the near future. I'm thinking of jumping to Verizon if the thunderbolt is really as good as they're making it seem. Although I probably can't jump ship for a few more months so hopefully there'll be something even better

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Dual core means nothing to me unless they can bring power usage down to an extreme minimum...

Both Cores being powered will destroy a battery...

I'd rather have a Single core scaling with more power and a better GPU

Once Bugs are straightened out in the dual systems then maybe I'll move over

the Thunderbolt is just a Evo Copy honestly... It will come out and Sprint will release the EVO 2 a few months later... guarantee with at least a 1.5 GHz Processor better GPU higher res screen bla bla bla...

There will always be a bigger better badder phone

the fact that you want to Jump to Verizon for a replica phone wouldnt make sense if that same form factor will be updated regardless
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

This is the most ignorant thread topic I have ever seen....

Before you start a thread please know what your talking about and make sure its PRODUCTIVE to the community....

sent from enzofall
    I tweet too - @enzofall

Seriously? It is like a droid 2 in comparison to the droid x. Just let it go man!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock 2.2/CM6.1.0-Heroc

Well for one...I care....because I will probably be buying it

Just because its not the phone for you doesnt mean it wont be a great phone...I still have a hero and its driving me crazy and this will be a HUGE upgrade for me...and I skipped over the EVO mainly because it didnt have a keyboard (i miss physical keyboards since I got my hero)....plus this has a better processor and gpu so it should be more battery efficient and should perform better than the EVO.....and I wont buy a samsung phone cause theyre pieces of crap....so I can get a 4g phone with a keyboard that outperforms the EVO and all I really *lose* is a FFC that I couldnt really care less about and its still HTC....

so to review:

1) I care because its the phone Ive been waiting over a year for
    2) Better specs than the EVO (at least for me)
    3) Not a samsung
    4) Its the only higher-end HTC sprint android qwerty-slider phone with 4g (i live in NYC so 4g will be great for me)

why do you even come on to a forum to bash a phone youve never even seen yet with your own eyes just because you dont like it for some reason?...makes you look like an ***.....if you dont like it, then dont buy it! pretty simple huh?

BTW this was in response to OP

ROM
    Stock 2.2/CM6.1.0-Heroc

Quote Originally Posted by shaundizzle View Post
    But I think anyone who buys this phone is foolish unless sprint doesn't announce a dual core phone in the near future.

I dont think its foolish at all....1st generation dual-core phones will have bugs that need to get worked out, just like everything else when it first comes out...they will most likely be battery hogs and then everyone will complain about that then....or the fact that the very latest technology will still be right around the corner....i feel if you keep waiting for that super top-o-the-line phone youre gonna be waiting forever....technology moves so fast dual-core phones will be obsolete before they even get released!....anyway for me this is perfect because im eligible to upgrade now, its similar enough to the EVO that hopefully it will be relatively bug-free upon release and the dev community on this should be pretty strong....plus then as a premiere customer ill be eligible for another upgrade in a short year so if dual-core and tegra 2 phones are announced at CES and released say summer 2011, there will be plenty of time for them to work out some of the bugs before i can upgrade again next january....really looking forward to this phone and replacing my hero

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

Quote Originally Posted by StAlphonso View Post
    I dont think its foolish at all....1st generation dual-core phones will have bugs that need to get worked out, just like everything else when it first comes out...they will most likely be battery hogs and then everyone will complain about that then....or the fact that the very latest technology will still be right around the corner....i feel if you keep waiting for that super top-o-the-line phone youre gonna be waiting forever....technology moves so fast dual-core phones will be obsolete before they even get released!....anyway for me this is perfect because im eligible to upgrade now, its similar enough to the EVO that hopefully it will be relatively bug-free upon release and the dev community on this should be pretty strong....plus then as a premiere customer ill be eligible for another upgrade in a short year so if dual-core and tegra 2 phones are announced at CES and released say summer 2011, there will be plenty of time for them to work out some of the bugs before i can upgrade again next january....really looking forward to this phone and replacing my hero
    lol FINNALY someone that understands that dual-core will not be our savior, run at a billion ghz, and cure world hunger! It will be buggy, with some hacks we do not being compatible...

on another note...i have an evo and WILL be trying my best to get this phone, it IS an UPGRADE for ,me! i have used my ffc maby once, the camera will still be good (my evo has 8mp and yet it cant replace my point and shoot, niether will this...dont care) and the size will give more pockitibility...plus its only a hair thicker than the evo .5" vs .6"....i understand why some wont want want this but alot do...so these hate posts have to stop! i didnt hear a single person complain when the G2 came out and the vibrant was already there....other than the brand difference we are in the same situation! the g2 is the merge and is the desire z and IS the shift....all great phones in there own right. Lets drop the drama guys..
    I tweet too - @enzofall
    Thanked by:

To each his own - Some people are overwhelmed by this new phone. That's good to know. Personally, I love my EVO and I'll wait until the EVO2 comes out(if that's ever going to happen).

ROM
    Stock 2.2/CM6.1.0-Heroc

lol I hear ya...ive been following this thing sice November with the early leaks and the hate is just outrageous! like theyre gonna come in and bust down your door and pry your precious EVOs and (****ty) Epics out of your hands and force you to buy this phone like its the only phone thats out there....dont like it, dont buy and SHUT UP!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I see it starts early with people not reading stickies. I refuse to repeat the same info, there's only 2 stickies for gosh sake !
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Wow, I feel like I turned to the darkside already. Coming from precentral and being a (former) webos loyalist, I can tell you this phone was marketed for people like me. Its small enough, great performance (bechmark test done by wirefly showed that it slightly outperforms the original evo), full keyboard (done in the right orientation, this was a major fail in the pre), and of course access to thousands of apps. So if you compare it to the phone i am currently holding (pre plus hacked to work on sprint) you could see how this phone may help those clinging onto their pres switch over to android. I dont think this phone is meant for people perfectly happy with the evo, but rather it was meant for those unhappy with their 2009-2010 smartphones and the lack of apps on their phones.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Exactly what the last guy said. I'm getting this device on the 6th, switching from Pre as there appears to be no new WebOS devices on the radar for Sprint. Horizontal keyboard is what really does it for me. I will be sad to see my Pre go- WebOS's UI is incredibly elegant and intuitive.

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

I am glad this is coming out. I love the EVO, but I want a physical keyboard again. I don't want an Epic 4G just because I don't want a Samsung (wife has one and loves it). But until June, I will be happy with my Optimus S.

What I really like about the Evo Shift is that it is a 4g qwerty phone that is under the $200 mark. Does'nt hurt that I get froyo along with it.(I really want flash on my next phone)

I just ordered a Samsung Epic, it came in the mail yesterday. I have yet to open it because I am not sure if I should keep it or I should wait for this evo shift phone. My question is does this phone outperform the Epic? I know 2 people who haven't had any problems with the Epic, but I have read that many people have had issues with this phone. Specifically, I would like to know which has the better performing processor. From what I have read, the shift does and it also has the latest android update. I like the epic screen and planned to watch movies and tv shows on it. One thing my friend showed me on the epic is that he can do voice texting where he says the word out loud and it appears as a text on his phone. Is that going to be possible with the shift? Any opinions on which phone I should get? Would really appreciate them. Thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I just ordered a Samsung Epic, it came in the mail yesterday. I have yet to open it because I am not sure if I should keep it or I should wait for this evo shift phone. My question is does this phone outperform the Epic? I know 2 people who haven't had any problems with the Epic, but I have read that many people have had issues with this phone. Specifically, I would like to know which has the better performing processor. From what I have read, the shift does and it also has the latest android update. I like the epic screen and planned to watch movies and tv shows on it. One thing my friend showed me on the epic is that he can do voice texting where he says the word out loud and it appears as a text on his phone. Is that going to be possible with the shift? Any opinions on which phone I should get? Would really appreciate them. Thanks.
    The shift easily outperforms the Evo, but the Epic...well...no. I bet it would match the Epic, and in some cases might outperform it, but hummingbird is a beast of a SoC.

BTW; the biggest reason to return the Epic is that Samsung sucks at keeping their phones up to date software-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by excaliburswrath View Post
    So if you compare it to the phone i am currently holding (pre plus hacked to work on sprint) you could see how this phone may help those clinging onto their pres switch over to android.
    Exactly.... and that goes double for folks like me who have the original (non-plus) Pre.

Jim
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast