Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default $10.00 Premium Fee

    I already pay for this on my EVO. Will this charge also apply to the EVO Shift? :rolleyes:
  2. #2  

    Default

    Yes.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default

    Translation: It'll be charged for any 4G phone.

    Posted from my eVo!
    ......posted from something made by Apple!
  4. #4  
    StoneRyno's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default

    Is the charge per 4G device? Example we have 5 lines on a family plan one an evo with the extra $10 fee despite the fact there is no 4G service anywhere within reason of where we live or would ever go
  5. #5  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Is the charge per 4G device? Example we have 5 lines on a family plan one an evo with the extra $10 fee despite the fact there is no 4G service anywhere within reason of where we live or would ever go
    they Say its for true unlimited data services... but yes each line is charges the premium
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICU812 View Post
    I already pay for this on my EVO. Will this charge also apply to the EVO Shift? :rolleyes:
    When it comes to Sprint and their rules.... YES.

    It's mandatory fee for 4G phones.
  7. #7  

    Default

    I haven't asked about this on the phones, but you can get a 3G/4G data card (or laptop/aircard/hotspot, whatever you would like to call it!) without the 4G service or add-on.
    Ryan
    Evo 4G
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vr6glidriver View Post
    I haven't asked about this on the phones, but you can get a 3G/4G data card (or laptop/aircard/hotspot, whatever you would like to call it!) without the 4G service or add-on.
    Not possible on 4G phones. It's a $10 price hike if you want a 4g capable phone.
  9. #9  

    Default Round about way to not make the $10 Evo matter

    This is a 'round about way to not have Sprint's $10 4G tax matter:

  10. #10  

    Default

    I have the 4G service so I gladly pay.
  11. #11  
    StoneRyno's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default

    The thing that get's me about the extra fee is that nothing really changes, the same amount of data gets used no matter the speed of the connection since a faster connection doesn't mean the size of the thing being loaded is bigger. It's like one of those hidden taxes in the various fees listed on our bills that even though they put a name on it it might as well read yibbergibbyugg. You see that sort of thing on all bills.

    Like back not too long ago you had to pay $15/mo for data but now it is freely part of the basic service. In all of the years I have been with sprint my monthly cost has been the same. What changes is the amount of services and removal of limits as time goes by. My first plan was like 100 or less daytime minutes and maybe about 2 times that in night time minutes with voicemail and call waiting being the only services part of the plan.

    Anyways I'm reluctant to buy the excuse for this charge like I was back in the day when they wanted to charge extra for data in general. I fear that this will be normal and expected as long as they are the only 4G available. Then competition will drive them to drop the charge. Which I hope is real soon as a customer. Oh I thought I read that evo shift and epic and perhaps some others have hotspot or tethering. Is this included in the $10 fee? If so it would justify me paying the fee as I would use the data connection for my netbook when away from home.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Oh I thought I read that evo shift and epic and perhaps some others have hotspot or tethering. Is this included in the $10 fee? If so it would justify me paying the fee as I would use the data connection for my netbook when away from home.
    Hotspot is an aditional $29.99 a month. There are however ways around this.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    In all of the years I have been with sprint my monthly cost has been the same.
    It's just a $10 rate hike. Want the latest phone, you'll pay the latest rate. Sucks there was a rate hike, but I say that about most everything I buy.

    The phone does tethering. You can use their simply app for $29.99/mo or pick from other apps and do it yourself.
  14. #14  
    StoneRyno's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default

    I talked to sprint today and brought up the idea of them doing away with the fee since verizon very recently announced they would not charge extra for 4G. Of course I don't think they have even begun to roll out 4G yet so sprint still has that one up on them currently. Of course it might still be cheaper with 4G on sprint vs verizon due to the various all in one plans being cheaper on sprint as far as I'm aware.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I talked to sprint today and brought up the idea of them doing away with the fee since verizon very recently announced they would not charge extra for 4G. Of course I don't think they have even begun to roll out 4G yet so sprint still has that one up on them currently. Of course it might still be cheaper with 4G on sprint vs verizon due to the various all in one plans being cheaper on sprint as far as I'm aware.
    I don't think they'll just get up and stop taking extra money from customers. Not as long as they're making profits.
  16. #16  

    Default

    The funny thing is that I have one of their mobile hotspot units called the overdrive (a little black box) and it gets 3G/4G service for my laptop and yet the don't charge the extra $10 4G charge on that?? Its just to get more money
  17. #17  
    cadavev's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default

    same here the 4g works pretty much everywhere in the la area and overall i have no issues with the fee.
    Dave Vianu
    Rancho Cucamonga, Ca

Posting Permissions

B