Evo Shift @ Target.com for 119.99

Krgdesigns

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
its for upgrades too, I posted in the other thread earlier that I had Best Buy price match that price off of Target, one for an upgrade and one for a new line. They didnt question it at all and I actually got the phones for $119 ea

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
its for upgrades too, I posted in the other thread earlier that I had Best Buy price match that price off of Target, one for an upgrade and one for a new line. They didnt question it at all and I actually got the phones for $119 ea

I did see that in your other thread, I just wanted to be sure all people saw that they can get the good price, so I started a thread with the info.

I do see it changes to 149.99 with upgrade, but I am sure I can get BB to match ;)

westeman

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

when i go to that page and click Renew/Upgrade the price goes from $119.99 to $149.99. And do you have them preordered at best buy or you actually got them already from best buy?

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
when i go to that page and click Renew/Upgrade the price goes from $119.99 to $149.99. And do you have them preordered at best buy or you actually got them already from best buy?

I was in there Wednesday , they told me if they have em they will sell em, Radio Shak had 2 in my town. I wonder if they price match as well?

westeman

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I was in there Wednesday , they told me if they have em they will sell em, Radio Shak had 2 in my town. I wonder if they price match as well?

best buy said if they had them they would sell them? because i know that my best buy received them on the shipment wednesday. and i know that my best buy isn't selling them until sunday...

if you are talking about radio shack price matching, i'm wondering if they would as well. i work at best buy, but i bought my evo at radio shack a couple weeks ago because of the $99 price...

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
best buy said if they had them they would sell them? because i know that my best buy received them on the shipment wednesday. and i know that my best buy isn't selling them until sunday...

if you are talking about radio shack price matching, i'm wondering if they would as well. i work at best buy, but i bought my evo at radio shack a couple weeks ago because of the $99 price...

Well I guess if you are a reward zone member, you could just "pre order" it and pick it up in the store.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried getting BB to price match a TV that was listed on circuitcity.com back when they were open and their policy was not to price match online prices even though I could buy off circuit city's site and pick it up immediately that day in the store. Only reason I wanted to price match is cause BB was 5 minutes away and CC was like 30 minutes and I only had a car to transport a 40 inch TV. CC got my business that day. Because the online site had a discount listed if you bought online and the actual store did not it wouldn't jive with BB. Maybe that has changed but I wouldn't bank on it. If they do it they are doing it by breaking with their policy which might be tough to get them to do. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try though.

Last edited:

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried getting BB to price match a TV that was listed on circuitcity.com back when they were open and their policy was not to price match online prices even though I could buy off circuit city's site and pick it up immediately that day in the store. Only reason I wanted to price match is cause BB was 5 minutes away and CC was like 30 minutes and I only had a car to transport a 40 inch TV. CC got my business that day. Because the online site had a discount listed if you bought online and the actual store did not it wouldn't jive with BB. Maybe that has changed but I wouldn't bank on it. If they do it they are doing it by breaking with their policy which might be tough to get them to do. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try though.

Sometimes they do make exceptions, a sale is a sale, you have to make them think logically, that of course is the hardest part. I just bought an optimus last mth, its on day 38, they wont take it back of course. So I call sprint and I can cancel my line for 200, Evo Shift phone is 119 = 319 , retail price on phone is 599. So I call sprint and I'm like listen figure this Sh*t out please.

guitark8

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to the suggestion from Krgdesigns, I too was able to go to my Best Buy and get them to match the $119 price yesterday. :cool: Nice! I'll post my thoughts on the phone in the review thread.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Called radio shack they are asses no lie even when I got my phone.. I guess I'll return it today or tomorrow. I paid $164 .. its worth going to target and paying about $125 ?

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

how can you prove its for upgrades? on the site (target) it shows $149 and I only have 1 upgradE?

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I think it would be fair to say that this is a case of "Your mileage may vary". Your salesperson could have made a mistake, or, perhaps they felt it was worth giving you the upgrade for $119, just to get the new line opened.

The website definitely shows the price for upgrades as $149. But it never hurts to ask. I'm sure some will get it and some won't.

Krgdesigns

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to the suggestion from Krgdesigns, I too was able to go to my Best Buy and get them to match the $119 price yesterday. :cool: Nice! I'll post my thoughts on the phone in the review thread.

Your welcome, was just trying to help out. It sucks some BB stores are not doing it for people

jamesphx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I got really lucky. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that Walmart is advertising this phone for $99. I got an Optimus earlier last month, but returned it to BB today, since I was within my 30-day return period...and they price matched it! Although I loved the Optimus, especially after rooting it with a custom rom, I have absolutely no regrets on upgrading!

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got really lucky. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that Walmart is advertising this phone for $99. I got an Optimus earlier last month, but returned it to BB today, since I was within my 30-day return period...and they price matched it! Although I loved the Optimus, especially after rooting it with a custom rom, I have absolutely no regrets on upgrading!

I also got best buy to price match the 119 price, but I will visiting them today for the 99 price match. :) Also switching from an optimus

Krgdesigns

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I went back to the same BB yesterday that I bought my phones at and had them price match Walmart for $99 and they just looked it up and called Walmart and did it for me, so these phones were definitely worth it!

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I went back to the same BB yesterday that I bought my phones at and had them price match Walmart for $99 and they just looked it up and called Walmart and did it for me, so these phones were definitely worth it!

Just got back from BB and had them credit me the 20 to match the Walmart price :) hooray for web forums, thanks guys