I love the EVO Shift :)

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This phone hauls some serious ass! I got 1599 on quadrant and 34.01 on Linpack. I'm super happy I bought this phone instead of the monsterous EVO. Soo far everything is absolutely amazing.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This phone hauls some serious ass! I got 1599 on quadrant and 34.01 on Linpack. I'm super happy I bought this phone instead of the monsterous EVO. Soo far everything is absolutely amazing.
I don't think the EVO is monsterous at all. Robustly built and flatter to comparison to other devices. I guess the EVO size is subjective.

I like the EVO shift, but prefer the EVO. ;)

dd_terry

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I am really loving it also

Got my Shift yesterday. Got it all set up.

Love it. Fast, compared to my Hero. Fast period!

I think the Evo is too big. The Shift is the right size for me.

Waiting for my Seidio case now.

Loving it.

(Typed this from my Shift's slide out keyboard)

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the EVO. Looking at the shift for the wife. She wants a full keyboard.

Played with one at a Sprint store Saturday. I must say it is a very snappy phone.
Was very impressed. Wife liked it as well. Probably be picking one up for her in the next few weeks.

Screen changes did seem more fluid than my EVO.
I am happy to see another quality built HTC phone on Sprint.

big_bopper

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How is the keyboard? Haven't had a chance to try out one in the store myself, but was curious how the keyboard stacks up.

Kinda hard to rate as I find keyboard to be more of a personal call more than anything else. One man's trash is another's treasure.

Personally I think it's perfect for people that are fast typist. There is minimal key resistance, but enough feedback to let you know a key has been pressed. The spacing feels perfect for my slightly above average hand size. Part of me kinda of wishes their were a dedicated number row on the top like the Epic, but I feel that may make it either a little too cramped or too big.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend with much smaller hands also loves the keyboard....go figure. She's typed on everything from BB's, Palm Pre, and several text slider style phones. This is her favorite so far.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I played with the Shift at my local Radio Shack - it looks very neat, although I'm so in love with the screen size of my EVO, and really like the FFC.

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am in love with this phone. It has been off the charger for over 12 hours and I still have 75% battery left!!! I had wifi on all day, played Angry Birds for a bit, and did a little surfing on the internet, so I really didn't use it much, but... there's no way my Hero would have had any battery left with even that light usage. Tomorrow will be a normal usage day for me and I can't wait to see how much battery will be left at the end of the day.

StAlphonso

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am in love with this phone. It has been off the charger for over 12 hours and I still have 75% battery left!!! I had wifi on all day, played Angry Birds for a bit, and did a little surfing on the internet, so I really didn't use it much, but... there's no way my Hero would have had any battery left with even that light usage. Tomorrow will be a normal usage day for me and I can't wait to see how much battery will be left at the end of the day.

hmmm i dont seem to be getting that good of battery life...took it off the charger this morning around 8 and it is now 12....wifi has been turned off all day and ive had 3g switched on and off (but mostly on)....no calls maybe 4 or 5 texts back and forth....maybe 25-30 min of music and 5 min of angry birds....a couple of market d/ls, few min of browsing and thats bout it and im down to 73% already....but now that i have temproot with visionary+ i got my autokiller working again and im gonna keep my 3g off more when im not using it hopefully battery should start to improve....i hope....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol