1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.2/CM6.1.0-Heroc

Default Cant use enter to click links in browser. Response from HTC

So I emailed HTC about not being able to click links in the browser with the Enter key. This is what they responded:

Dear Matthew,

Matthew, I understand on your new EVO Shift 4G you are unable to use the Enter to select a link on the Internet. I have tested this out as well and have came up with the same result. It would make sense to be able to select the link with Enter so you do not have to zoom in and select another link by accident. I will be more than happy to submit this information to our engineers to see if they will be able to add this feature in a future update.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Lisa

HTC

note: The enter key seemed to work on the Opera browser but none of the others...this is for clicking links not when in a google search box or other search boxes

hopefully this gets fixed soon as its quite annoying while browsing

The Evo shift seem to have a lot of missing stuff/features that one would expect a HTC phone would have had already.. hmm!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    The Evo shift seem to have a lot of missing stuff/features that one would expect a HTC phone would have had already.. hmm!
    It's been out for less than a week, expect ota updates.

Do you forget, or were you not around for all the bugs the OG evo had when released/updated to 2.2?

At some point, your gonna have to admit that other phones are superior to the evo, nobody likes a fanboy.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Care to be more specific?
    EVO Shift owner since 1/06/11

Stock numbers:
    Quadrant: 1621
    Linpack: 30.309 mflops

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Does anyone know if the G2 does this?

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

Well I had one of the Google Evo's used it for a bit. Sold it and got the Epic which i didn't like at all. Then I bought another Evo brand new at Sprint for the full retail. And this Evo was version 003.

However, some of the issues the original Evo had when it came out was SD card issues, MAJOR battery issues, screen detachment issues and probably some more that I can't remember. But yes, the Evo had it's issues as well and HTC/Sprint fixed them with OTA updates. So I expect the same will happen with the Shift.

Why do so many people mistakenly believe the new EVO Shift is supposed to be some kind of EVO 2? I don't believe I've ever seen it presented that way. And the specs don't even hint at that, much less the pricing. And why don't the four Droids suffer the same misunderstanding?

And good catch by the OP!
    Last edited by dhero; 01-10-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    Thanked by:

To the OP, have you tried using the d-pad button?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock 2.2/CM6.1.0-Heroc

Quote Originally Posted by nooColorUser View Post
    To the OP, have you tried using the d-pad button?
    d-pad button? there is no center click on the d-pad as far as i can tell...the only option would appear to be enter

I have no doubt this will be a feature fixed in an OTA update. HTC is pretty good about doing this. Also, so far this is the only real bug I have heard about except for some ear speaker issues that only a few experienced. These handsets were replaced and all seems well so far in EVO Shift land.

Nice info StAlphonso.

Ya I'm sure this item will be a future ota update (hopefully). I was also a bit puzzled why the enter wasn't working on the browser.

Yep, I hope it is included in some update. My fat fingers always click the wrong link so it would be nice to be able to click it from the keyboard.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

I got to play with the 2 EVO's tonight & i knowticed that enter wasnt working to select links after i find one with the Dpad had to use touchscreen..