Strange Battery Life When Unplugged

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So I've been getting pretty good battery with this phone so far, but I feel like something might be messing with my results. I've tried a couple battery meters and only a couple minutes after I unplug the phone it will read 95% or so, which seems pretty amazing for me.

I don't have any programs that sync except for Gmail and got rid of Skypekit which seemed to drain most of my battery even after I uninstalled Skype.

What I'm looking at is increasing battery life when the phone is put in standby. The only other programs I am running are Gchat and Facebook since they don't close. Could some of this be from my background?

StAlphonso

May 18, 2010
Visit site
im having some varied results with battery too...but its kinda hard to tell ive only had it for a few days and ive been playing with it alot....phone def does a good job (way better than the hero) with actually going to sleep without the screen on as reflected by the awake time....i guess i need a few more days before i can be sure of what to expect for avg battery life....

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, that makes tons of sense, thank you.

I also discovered some of the stock programs were updating in the background and I didn't realize it.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, I definitely fixed the drain. Three hours and less than 20% today, with some use this morning...definitely fixed.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I think it was stocks, news, news and weather...some HTC and some Google. You really have to open each and make sure they're not syncing if you don't want them to, even if you haven't set them up yourself. I'll look to see if I messed with any other culprits. I also did the other normal fixes, like turning off always connected.

jamesphx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it normal to see the display as being the battery hog? I looked at the battery use on mine and so far it's saying that it's taking 63% while cell standby and phone idle are at 11% and 9% respectively.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae