the newest SENSE

Tomeygun

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess it was wrong of me to assume that a BRAND new phone would come with the newest sense software that the HTC website shows so much of.

The one feature I like is the maps that pre-load so when you are in a no service zone (off road in the woods), you can still semi-navigate back.

Anyone have any opinions of the new sense?

Oh and I like the idea of htcsense.com and its functions

BigIke06

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would love to have it. I have asked HTC if they will upgrade the existing customers with the new SENSE but I have gotten no response. I assume that we wont hear anything until the thunderbolt comes out.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, kind of weird the G2 which was released months ago has it but the Shift does not. I assume it is to keep it the same as the Evo in which case if the Evo doesn't get it I doubt the Shift will. They don't want the Shift to be thought of as a replacement to the Evo so in my opinion they would never give the Shift UI or OS updates if the Evo doesn't get them first or at least at the same time.

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, kind of weird the G2 which was released months ago has it but the Shift does not. I assume it is to keep it the same as the Evo in which case if the Evo doesn't get it I doubt the Shift will. They don't want the Shift to be thought of as a replacement to the Evo so in my opinion they would never give the Shift UI or OS updates if the Evo doesn't get them first or at least at the same time.

We will get it more than likely on our next update. Not sure if my optimus S had it but it def had some stuff that this sense didnt have. My optimus was on 2.2.1.

StAlphonso

May 18, 2010
Visit site

im pretty sure the G2 has AOSP stock android and not sense at all

in fact im positive it doesnt have it

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes, I am sorry. I think the Desire Z/Desire HD has it. I was thinking G2 because it is the same as the Desire Z for the most part but forgot about the stock Android on it.

AdamR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
We will get it more than likely on our next update. Not sure if my optimus S had it but it def had some stuff that this sense didnt have. My optimus was on 2.2.1.

The optimus is LG, it doesn't have sense at all.
And its already been stated, but the G2 doesn't have it either.
There are no phones in America that have the new sense.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
HTC is pretty good about supporting their phones so if it comes here I'm sure we will get it. Although I'm loving sense, I must admit I await the time when ui fragmentation is gone. Will make things rol out a lot smoother and quicker as well as I love the standard ui.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

StAlphonso

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes, I am sorry. I think the Desire Z/Desire HD has it. I was thinking G2 because it is the same as the Desire Z for the most part but forgot about the stock Android on it.

yea the desire Z/HD does have sense...and it is basically the same as the G2 though except with sense...certainly an easy mistake to make!

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking, that the shift probably wont get the new version of sense. There are probably a lot more phones that will come out before there is any talk about sense 2.0 making its way to the states. It would be nice, but we cant get everything.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If i remember right it comes with some type of security app widget built in, maybe i am thinking of something else though....