1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default memory question

I just purchased the shift and love it. The question i have is I loaded on about a 100 songs and would not load anymore because it was out of memory. I connected my shift to my computer and checked that the memory was almost full to 2g??? I can't even take more than 3 to 4 pictures and my memory is full. What do i need to do, go buy a larger sd card???

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Yeah, get a bigger mem card, 8gig are nice and cheap. That 2 gig you filled was the card that came with it not internal.

Quote Originally Posted by digglesworth View Post
    Yeah, get a bigger mem card, 8gig are nice and cheap. That 2 gig you filled was the card that came with it not internal.
    The phone come with a 2gig of memory space(that sucks).... I thought the 8gig we got was a bomber.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok, thanks. i will go purchase the 8 gig.. will i need to move the files that's on the 2g to my new 8g?

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dachiba View Post
    ok, thanks. i will go purchase the 8 gig.. will i need to move the files that's on the 2g to my new 8g?
    If you want to listen to those songs you'll need to load them on the 8 gig card. (Unless you wanted to switch out cards to listen to music. But that wouldn't be cool.)

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Anyone know the BIGGEST card useable?

Is it worth buying a 16gig? Or stick with the 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Outsyd View Post
    Anyone know the BIGGEST card useable?

Is it worth buying a 16gig? Or stick with the 8?
    I think the biggest you can use is 32gb. I just got my shift and still debating what size sd card I need. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Im thinking that I am gonna do a 16 just cause ..... should be able to pick one up for 20 to 30 bucks.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

16 GB is a good size. A good value is the Patriot class 4 card from New Egg. 22.99 after $5 rebate. Even if you don't feel like dealing with the rebate 27.99 is still good. I have this card in my Sirius radio with 14 GB of MP3's.. Works great.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Micro Center has a 16 for 25.99 that I will probably pick up. Gonna look at Fry's and Brands Mart since Ive got one of all of them locally. Got to buy 2 of them, one for me and one for the GF's phone. I dont want to do too much until I upgrade the card.

I was wondering if anyone has used the phone to listen to music. If so, what is the volume like using a pair of headphones? How does it compare to an actual mp3 player? I would like to use this phone as my mp3 player. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has used the phone to listen to music. If so, what is the volume like using a pair of headphones? How does it compare to an actual mp3 player? I would like to use this phone as my mp3 player. Thanks.
    I was actually on two flights with my Shift as my mp3 and it rocked. To prove my point, I sat by the wing where the engines are and the most noise occurs on a plane, I have a pair of jvc marshmellow in-ear phones for like $14 (not an advertisement) and my volume was just about a 1/4 of the way up and I heard everything clear as day with minimal backround noise. I didnt have any jack problems such as no sound which some users experienced, but I also use nothing but gold plated plugs.

Short story shorter, the Shift is an excellent mp3 device.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I have about 2gb of music and 8gb of TV shows and movies on mine, so I use it quite a bit.

Honestly, there are times I wish it was a little louder. That's not to say it's quiet by any means, but sometimes when I'm listening to music I wish I could go a couple clicks up for song I really like. I too have noise isolating memory phone ear buds, so the sound is clear and reproduced accurately, I just wish I didn't have to have it a 100% most of the time.
    EVO Shift owner since 1/06/11

Stock numbers:
    Quadrant: 1621
    Linpack: 30.309 mflops

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Default removable

I just wish the card was easier to access. I had a Windows Mobile device that had dual card slots. It kept a 2GB card under the battery, but then had a side port for easily swappable cards.