memory question

dachiba

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased the shift and love it. The question i have is I loaded on about a 100 songs and would not load anymore because it was out of memory. I connected my shift to my computer and checked that the memory was almost full to 2g??? I can't even take more than 3 to 4 pictures and my memory is full. What do i need to do, go buy a larger sd card???

dnalevelc

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, get a bigger mem card, 8gig are nice and cheap. That 2 gig you filled was the card that came with it not internal.

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, thanks. i will go purchase the 8 gig.. will i need to move the files that's on the 2g to my new 8g?

If you want to listen to those songs you'll need to load them on the 8 gig card. (Unless you wanted to switch out cards to listen to music. But that wouldn't be cool.)

Outsyd

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Micro Center has a 16 for 25.99 that I will probably pick up. Gonna look at Fry's and Brands Mart since Ive got one of all of them locally. Got to buy 2 of them, one for me and one for the GF's phone. I dont want to do too much until I upgrade the card.

bandoogiemanz

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has used the phone to listen to music. If so, what is the volume like using a pair of headphones? How does it compare to an actual mp3 player? I would like to use this phone as my mp3 player. Thanks.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has used the phone to listen to music. If so, what is the volume like using a pair of headphones? How does it compare to an actual mp3 player? I would like to use this phone as my mp3 player. Thanks.

I was actually on two flights with my Shift as my mp3 and it rocked. To prove my point, I sat by the wing where the engines are and the most noise occurs on a plane, I have a pair of jvc marshmellow in-ear phones for like $14 (not an advertisement:p) and my volume was just about a 1/4 of the way up and I heard everything clear as day with minimal backround noise. I didnt have any jack problems such as no sound which some users experienced, but I also use nothing but gold plated plugs.

Short story shorter, the Shift is an excellent mp3 device.

big_bopper

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I have about 2gb of music and 8gb of TV shows and movies on mine, so I use it quite a bit.

Honestly, there are times I wish it was a little louder. That's not to say it's quiet by any means, but sometimes when I'm listening to music I wish I could go a couple clicks up for song I really like. I too have noise isolating memory phone ear buds, so the sound is clear and reproduced accurately, I just wish I didn't have to have it a 100% most of the time.

davecttt

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
removable

I just wish the card was easier to access. I had a Windows Mobile device that had dual card slots. It kept a 2GB card under the battery, but then had a side port for easily swappable cards.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital