Roam Only for HTC Evo Shift 4g?

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am an original Palm Pre user that's finally jumped ship for greener pastures. I did like WebOS but I love how fast the Evo Shift is.

I do have one question: I was able to to switch my Palm Pre to Roam Only mode, which is almost a must if I want to talk on the phone in my house due to Sprint's signal being weak in my neighborhood. I've only found an option to use Sprint Only network or Automatic.

Has anybody found a way to put the phone in Roam Only mode? This is a huge sale for me!

Thanks,

Dex

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My question is - Are you planning on using the phone while roaming at all times? If so, wouldn't your account be in jeopardy of termination.

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
No, I mainly need to use the "Roam Only" feauture when I am inside my house. Other than that my signal tends to be pretty strong. When I had my Pre, I kept it on "Roam Only" the majority of the time and never had any account issues with Sprint.

mtbykr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue as well in my house, I called Sprint and they sent me an Airrave access point at no cost, and no monthly cost. You plug it into your modem (must have high speed ISP) and it gives you a great sprint signal for about 5000square feet. When I called I just told them that I just moved here and couldn't get a signal....or when I did it would drop the call pretty quick. They wanted to keep me as a customer so they are the ones that offered this solution.

Reactions: Dexterterrestrial

Babnkr#AC

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue as well in my house, I called Sprint and they sent me an Airrave access point at no cost, and no monthly cost. You plug it into your modem (must have high speed ISP) and it gives you a great sprint signal for about 5000square feet. When I called I just told them that I just moved here and couldn't get a signal....or when I did it would drop the call pretty quick. They wanted to keep me as a customer so they are the ones that offered this solution.

Same here

smartphoney

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am an original Palm Pre user that's finally jumped ship for greener pastures. I did like WebOS but I love how fast the Evo Shift is.

I do have one question: I was able to to switch my Palm Pre to Roam Only mode, which is almost a must if I want to talk on the phone in my house due to Sprint's signal being weak in my neighborhood. I've only found an option to use Sprint Only network or Automatic.

Has anybody found a way to put the phone in Roam Only mode? This is a huge sale for me!

Thanks,

Dex

I too have just made this same move (from Pre to Evo Shift) and am interested in a roam only app that does not require rooting. Is there such a thing?

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I too have just made this same move (from Pre to Evo Shift) and am interested in a roam only app that does not require rooting. Is there such a thing?

You can root your phone in one click with this app on the link on this page (Visionary):

http://android.modaco.com/content/h...m/320722/19-nov-r14-visionary-one-click-root/

You might need to use a PC to download it... If you're worried about voiding your warranty, all you have to do is turn the phone off; the phone remove root access when the phone is turned off (temporary root)... While the phone is temporarily rooted, you can use an app in the Market called Roam Control (4 dollars) to set the phone on roam only mode. Make sure you put set the phone to automatic on Roam Control before you turn the phone off or the roam only mode might stick and cause Sprint to hit you with overage charges or terminate your contract. While the phone is rooted, you can also use use a wifi tethering app to avoid paying 20-30 dollars a month for a mobile hotspot.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk