Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default shift slow at work

My issue is a can't stream pandora or tune in radio at work. Every carrier has a dish on our smoke stack so my phone cranks everywhere but where I use it most. My pre minus would jump between evdo and 1xrtt every once in a while and cause the streams to rebuffer also, but it wasn't anything more than a little annoyance. Iphones and the evo act the same as my pre. My shift will not stream for more than a few seconds without buffering. it seems like it cannot lock onto the 3g, as the 3g light is constantly going in and out. This is only at work and my shift cranks everywhere else.

I've tried factory, prl, and profile resets. Shut off gps, data roaming, and set to sprint only.

Any ideas? I don't really want to activate my pre again but this is kind of a deal breaker.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

I have the same problem at my work. Where my desk is I get terrible reception. 25 feet away, it is fine, just at my desk it is awful.

I too had a Pre and agree, the signal seemed so much better.

There are cell phone signal enhancers you can buy, no idea if they work or not. Some go inside your phone, others are an external device.
    Proud Multiple Android Owner
    HTC Shift and Sony S

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I had that same problem. I had to get my MSL and kill the proxy that Sprint setup in the phone. There was a great post on it at xda. I will see if I can find the info and post it up in here. Now I can stream music with no issues.
    Thanked by:

Your experiencing network problems, hence leaving the phone without a strong data connection. Which the result is what you're experiencing right now.

That has nothing to do with the phone itself, this happen to my palm pre phone as well. T

You could either update profile, or restart the phone. If this happen only at work.. then there isn't anything wrong with your phone. The problem is where you are.

(BTW) Welcome to the forum.

Best of luck.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Thanks, I never thought there was anything wrong with the phone, I love it, just with the way it handles the data connection in that particular location. I know every other phone that gets used there is unable to consistantly lock onto a 3g signal, ironic because I can look out the window and see our stack littered with dishes.

I can deal with the hiccups in the streaming once in a while like the other phones go through, but with the shift it is just a constant hiccup. It sucks because the only time I miss my pre now is when I cross my fingers and try pandora at work.

I have almost fully turned to the 'dark side' but if its a choice between an awesome phone that cannot stream data or my pre that I basically have an IV hooked up to, ill choose the pre.

You can try force roaming on verizon and see if they have better service where you are at. I use roam control from the market as some places I go sprint service isnt as good as Verizons.
    Last edited by fifedogg; 01-26-2011 at 05:23 PM.