help me out here please

Weshouston

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey i used to have a hero and that was awful ok it wasnt that bad but it was pretty bad, then i switched to the pre and it was better but still pretty bad i was just wondering if you think i should buy a shift or wait for the new phone sprints unveiling. it would also be helpful if you could just leave your general impression of the shift. thanks guys :)

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You will have to make your own decision on your purchase there is tuns of information available to help you decide. What I can do is give you a short line on my opinion. This phone is fast I had an OG EVO before this it was nice but this device is faster. I need to do stuff I don't need lag I go from call to call while using navigation and listening to music I do it all day long for work. With customers there is no excuse I have to be ready with this device I have everything I need in a smoking fast capable device. My shift has no trouble keeping up with my demands.

I hope that helps,
Dave

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a Pre for 18 months and got the Shift on launch day. I miss my Touchstone but am loving the speed of the Shift. I've got 4G and that's great but the phone slips in and out of 4G but when it's there it's great.

I like the larger screen om the Shift but the Pre felt better (smaller) in my jeans pocket. I like the phone alot; I don't love it. I can't explain that but a lot of it's getting used to Android. I do have a probelm accidentally hitting the volume buttons often. Other than that I gotta say I'm AOK.

By the way, I left the Pre as I was having some problems with my headphone jack and power button. Since HP / Palm sort of skipped over CES, I skipped over them. I was danged if I was going to wait until February to find out that they may not have what I needed anyway.

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
i was just wondering if you think i should buy a shift or wait for the new phone sprints unveiling.

The Feb. 7th announcement? That's within 30 days, so you could go either way: start using a Shift now and if something amazing is announced, return it and wait. Or keep your Shift and be happy. :D

Actually, there are a few bugs in the Shift, as discussed here in the forums. If those trouble you, maybe just wait a couple weeks to see whether they are resolved with an update, more workarounds, root, or otherwise.

(I got tired of pulling my battery 3 times a day, so I am on the "within 30 days" plan waiting to see what happens before mailing in for the rebate.)

dnalevelc

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the shift. I only have issue with it and that's the placement of the volume buttons. I do miss the the screen on the Evo but I can look past it with the real keyboard. I compared the shift to my friends epic the other day and I beat him in every test except one, that 3D hallway walkthrough on quadrant. Bottom line...I am very happy with my Shift.

davecttt

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
hard one

The Shift is here now, the new WebOS who knows. If your current phone works, it might be worth waiting for. If only it is a better quality than the original.

As I have said multiple times, the WebOS platform is outstanding. The device and the lack of support are sad. i am not looking back, but also interested in what the new device will hold. I like me Shift too much now to give it up anytime soon. Plus my wife is starting to look at me strange. She said, "Seriously, five phones in six months!"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon