1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Youtube Problems on Evo Shift

What's up, forum?

Well my wife purchased an Evo Shift recently and, while she absolutely *LOVES* it, she is quite upset with the youtube app. We've tried to get it to work, including wiping the cache, and even tried re-installing the update, but she is unable to stream video on it.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is this most likely an isolated issue?

No problems here. Every time I've pulled it up it has worked flawlessly.
    EVO Shift owner since 1/06/11

Stock numbers:
    Quadrant: 1621
    Linpack: 30.309 mflops

I sometimes get streaming errors when i try to view youtube videos through my fb app. But using the actuall youtube app works fine on my device.

ROM
    Stock 2.2/CM6.1.0-Heroc

i too am constantly getting video errors when trying to use the youtube app...i even uninstalled the updates and still get errors...it is quite annoying, but im used to it as ive never seen the youtube app work well on my hero either...maybe theres another new update that fixed it will have to check

Quote Originally Posted by big_bopper View Post
    No problems here. Every time I've pulled it up it has worked flawlessly.
    This is true for me also.

Edit:
    To add information in light of later posts: I do not have 4G available in my area, but the YouTube app runs nicely on both 3G and WiFi.
    Last edited by ohhaiguyz; 01-28-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Me too

I often have problems on the 4G network after using the YouTube app for 30-60 minutes. I don't think I've had any problems with it on 3G. I should have tried turning the phone off and on, but it always happens after midnight...

Only time Iv'e had an error message trying to use YouTube is when I'm in a weak signal area. But with a strong signal or wi-fi I have no issues.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Default trick

Quote Originally Posted by GHB View Post
    Only time Iv'e had an error message trying to use YouTube is when I'm in a weak signal area. But with a strong signal or wi-fi I have no issues.

This might be the trick.

Are you having issues with the app itself or streaming the video? If it is the app, you can try other apps that might work better:

While not watching a lot of youtube vids, I have noticed that watching them at home is much better than watching them at work. The main difference I can tell is signal strength.
    Proud Multiple Android Owner
    HTC Shift and Sony S

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

I have the same issue with the app try viewing the videos in the browser just make sure you have mobile view turned off when watching you tube videos. This is a you tube issue not an issue with the device this issue has been reported on other device.

Cool,
    Dave
    Thanked by:

Default mobile version

Not sure whats going on with your app.... but have you tried m.youtube.com . I've heard that its better than the app quality wise, and it may work where the youtube app wont.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Ok, I'll check it out. Btw, thanks for the feedback guys. I do appreciate it.

I knew there was a reason I loved this site so much.

EDIT: Thanks AC for the front page post! You guys RULE!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

If you are having problems with the YouTube app, you can always go to m.youtube.com. That has always worked for me no matter the coverage, so I use that when the app is not working. Hope I could help!

I also have the same problem. You're not alone

the videos i play have been just fine damn i think this phone is getting bashed way too much i had 2 epics and they both over heated if i charged them when it was on
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by scanline View Post
    the videos i play have been just fine damn i think this phone is getting bashed way too much i had 2 epics and they both over heated if i charged them when it was on
    My intention was not to bash the device. I've played around with it and think it's a cool little phone. My wife was just having problems getting the YouTube app to work. That's all.

Cool down, man

Default Problems

I am having problems with playing any kind of video, not just YouTube, so I know it's the device...
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts

I'm also getting errors on youtube on 4g and 3g.

On wifi it works great.

I think its the phone because it plays perfectly on my nexus one over 3g.