Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Just bragging

:d i just wanted to mention that i love my shift!!! It is the greatest phone in the world. The temp-root is one of the greatest things ever because i dont want to go through the hassel of trying to restore factory everything because i perm-rooted. I love finding awesome .apk files and putting them to my sd card for use with my shift. I love all my awesome apps. I love the physical keyboard. I love my kickstand...oh wait nvm kickstands are lame. I hate front facing cameras, they are for lazy people; i feel like the shift was made for me because of its lack of a ffc. I love the battery life i get on it which was waaaay better than my iphone. The quick response, the sleek look, the overall sexyness of my shift is awesome. And i vote it for phone of the year...or until they come out with the evo 8g which is pretty much a brain implant that eliminates the use of actual handheld devices. Lol

I see someone is an goof right now. Lol

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melficersx View Post
    :d i just wanted to mention that i love my shift!!! It is the greatest phone in the world. The temp-root is one of the greatest things ever because i dont want to go through the hassel of trying to restore factory everything because i perm-rooted. I love finding awesome .apk files and putting them to my sd card for use with my shift. I love all my awesome apps. I love the physical keyboard. i love my kickstand...oh wait nvm kickstands are lame. I hate front facing cameras, they are for lazy people; i feel like the shift was made for me because of its lack of a ffc. I love the battery life i get on it which was waaaay better than my iphone. The quick response, the sleek look, the overall sexyness of my shift is awesome. And i vote it for phone of the year...or until they come out with the evo 8g which is pretty much a brain implant that eliminates the use of actual handheld devices. Lol
    lmfao

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Default agree

I would agree. This phone has everything I need and want.

Don't know why you are so against kickstands. I honestly don't need one, but I am sure others might like it.
    Proud Multiple Android Owner
    HTC Shift and Sony S

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Nice rant and I'm liking the signature.

EVO shift sick ***,
    Dave
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just think that kickstands are honestly for lazy people. How hard is it to hold a phone in your hand? Is it really that cool to have a kickstand so you can watch movies? I mean i totally understand it if you had no arms, but then why would you have a phone? A touchscreen phone at that?

I just make my kickstand comment because there have been so many people complaining about the shift saying its a bad phone because it has no kickstand or ffc. I think they are all wrong.

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

I used to use the heck out of my kick stand when I had the OG EVO. Sure I did I would use it to clean wax from my ear I would flick it in and out like a tick when I was nervous heck once I even used it to hold the phone up in a slanted horizontal position so I could see the screen while I was watching a video on you tube....lol
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    I used to use the heck out of my kick stand when I had the OG EVO. Sure I did I would use it to clean wax from my ear I would flick it in and out like a tick when I was nervous heck once I even used it to hold the phone up in a slanted horizontal position so I could see the screen while I was watching a video on you tube....lol
    holy eff!! i love the earwax comment. that made my day.

I love my Evo, which has a kick stand.
    My lady friend has the Shift, which has no kickstand, and is also a great phone.

/thread?
    Le Evo 4g

Sitting at work and using both hands to type on the keyboard the kickstand was great and allowed me to watch the World Cup. I guess I could use some duct tape and a book or something.

Kickstands kick ***!

My wife just got the Shift and loves it. She can use my "kickstand" whenever she wants!

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

When Im on a plane and eating and watching a movie a kick stand would be pretty nice. But since I never had one on a phone I dont know the difference. I would however like a nice dock for the phone so I can watch movies at work or while in bed (loved watching movies on my epic 4g while docked on my nightstand).
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

I wonder what would happen to the kick stand if you actually tried to kick it.....