buggy screen, what can i do

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
In the old days with a resistive screen you could see this when something got stuck under the screen protector. I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen with capacitive screens like the Shift, so as it's still a problem after a factory reset I think you're in for a trip back to where you bought it for a replacement.

bullettrain

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had/have the same problem. The Sprint guy said he'd never seen anything like it, "like it's haunted". I have the full insurance and he put the claim through after watching it launch apps all on it's own. If I didn't have the insurance I would have argued it as defective as I've only had the phone for 34 days and there are no signs of damage.

Does it seem like it's on one specific part of the screen? Mine is centered about an inch from the bottom of the screen, just above the dock.

lrking30

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
WOW

I had/have the same problem. The Sprint guy said he'd never seen anything like it, "like it's haunted". I have the full insurance and he put the claim through after watching it launch apps all on it's own. If I didn't have the insurance I would have argued it as defective as I've only had the phone for 34 days and there are no signs of damage.

Does it seem like it's on one specific part of the screen? Mine is centered about an inch from the bottom of the screen, just above the dock.

Finally I have found someone else that has a "haunted" phone. Mine has been acting up the exact same way, did you get yours fixed? Or did it need to be replaced?

Popat

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. When I try to hit the up arrow for the up arrow, or the phone button, the phone doesn't read my finger. Sometimes I wil press it ten times, and it won't work. I have gotten used to using the menu and all apps key. Although a problem arises when I want to make a call. Any suggestions? I have done a reset.

acedanger

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My wife had that happen with her shift . We took it to a sprint repair store and had it replaced. They kept it for 2 hours and claimed it was fixed but it wasn't. We showed them it was still messed up and they sent us a new one the next day. We didn't need to go through asurion and therefore didn't have to pay the $100.

Sent from my HTC EVO using TAPATALK Pro

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife had that happen with her shift . We took it to a sprint repair store and had it replaced. They kept it for 2 hours and claimed it was fixed but it wasn't. We showed them it was still messed up and they sent us a new one the next day. We didn't need to go through asurion and therefore didn't have to pay the $100.

Sent from my HTC EVO using TAPATALK Pro

Suprised they didn't tell it was due to "water damage" and slap you with the $100 deductible.

Mini vent..

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

acedanger

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Suprised they didn't tell it was due to "water damage" and slap you with the $100 deductible.

Nah, they did that when I took my EVO into them. I guess they felt bad for charging me already...
probably not though, they didn't seem to give a **** either way. :p

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be an issue with the screen on this phone. My friend had a problem where the top quarter or so of the screen just stopped responding. Sprint store had to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy