PDANet quit working

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been using PDANet for the last couple weeks and it has worked just great no problems. Then I try to log on today and its not working fully, like I can get Google but can't get to gmail or log into Facebook (the login page comes up but I can't log in) there is a window at the bottom right of my screen that says something about secure sights don't work on the free version. I have been playing games on Facebook the whole time and now I can't even log in...what's up? Does anyone have any suggestions for me??

I see that a license threw PDANet is like 20$ witch is not bad, that being said, does the paid version work that much better, will it work all of the time (since I'm having troubles with the free version) and is there a limit to the license ( like a year or once purchased the license is yours like buying offic?)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This is straight off the pdanet website

Note: Once trial expires, you can continue using PdaNet for free. The only difference is that free edition blocks secure web sites.

I believe the paid version will let you fully browse the web. I don't use it but my sister has the paid version I don't believe she has had any problems

Edit: you could always just root ( or temp root) and get WiFi hotspot

Last edited:
Reactions: haus and kristi

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Unrevoke doesn't work on the shift. If you decide to root or temp root there are simple easy to fallow instructions in the ROMs and hacks forum

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
This is straight off the pdanet website

Note: Once trial expires, you can continue using PdaNet for free. The only difference is that free edition blocks secure web sites.

I believe the paid version will let you fully browse the web. I don't use it but my sister has the paid version I don't believe she has had any problems

Edit: you could always just root ( or temp root) and get WiFi hotspot

Thanks this is what I was looking for.

I'm still too nervous to root, Prolly cuz I know if I screw it up I can't afford to buy a new phone. ;)

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought PDAnet for $16 a few weeks ago when it was on sale. I believe there is no limit and the license is good for the OS even if you switch devices (please don't take my word for it but that's my understanding). If you switch to WP or something you'd have to buy a new license for that new OS.

Works pretty well for me; bluetooth is almost always problematic but plugging in with USB works fine. That said I only tether maybe a few times a year; this is just for emergencies for me.