Settings Question(s)

LeslieS

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope my questions are not completely ridiculous. I'm new to the Evo Shift/Android and I worry about messing something up.

I noticed in the Settings/Sound/Phone Ringtones & Notification Sound, when you select those, the following comes up:

Complete action using
com.htc.app.HtcRingtonePickerActivity
and
Select Music
then
Use by default for this action

I was just wondering what these are. Is it just choosing the ringtone you want?

I truly appreciate everyone's patience with me. I have other 'silly' questions I'll post and hope I don't irritate anyone as I have found some extremely helpful posts here and these are just a few things I could not find any topic on.

Thanx for all the help! ;)

Leslie

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope my questions are not completely ridiculous. I'm new to the Evo Shift/Android and I worry about messing something up.

I noticed in the Settings/Sound/Phone Ringtones & Notification Sound, when you select those, the following comes up:

Complete action using
com.htc.app.HtcRingtonePickerActivity
and
Select Music
then
Use by default for this action

I was just wondering what these are. Is it just choosing the ringtone you want?

I truly appreciate everyone's patience with me. I have other 'silly' questions I'll post and hope I don't irritate anyone as I have found some extremely helpful posts here and these are just a few things I could not find any topic on.

Thanx for all the help! ;)

Leslie

If you select HtcRingtonePickerActivity then it will list all of the pre loaded ringtones. Select Music will take you to a menu so you can select from any music you have loaded on your device

Reactions: LadyBlue1962

LeslieS

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, I see. Thank you so much, you all are so nice and helpful here. I really apprecaite all the help/suggestions/FAQ and tips.

Leslie
:cool:

Jon no h

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Also, the Use By Default for This Action will use the choice you choose as default so that you don't need to pick from the menu each time.

I'm not sure how to reverse it if you want to change your action.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Please don't apologize for asking questions answering questions and helping people is what we are here to do. Without questions it would get mighty boring around here.... lol :)

LeslieS

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
thank you for that nice post! I always worry that I'm duplicating a question. I try REAL hard to search for it first. Some forums you get replies like: If you would just search you can find the answer to your question, and stuff like!! :D

Leslie

LeslieS

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree 100% !!!! There is so much wonderful info here for us previous BB diehards. :-* That were used to going back & forth between numerous menus to set things, not having very many apps (useful & fun ones). I was scared at first, but am getting more comfortable with the Evo each day.

Thanx to everyone here.

Leslie

Jon no h

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Also, the Use By Default for This Action will use the choice you choose as default so that you don't need to pick from the menu each time.

I'm not sure how to reverse it if you want to change your action.

Now that I think about it, how do you go back if you want to change your choice? I searched, googled, and played around with my phone, it but can't find which setting it is.