Keep Emails on Server

LeslieS

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the Evo Shift and I use Charter Communication for my email. Is there a setting that will leave the emails on my laptop/email server when I delete them from the phone?

Thanx

Leslie

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You need to change the option on your phone to... do not delete from server. Open the email app and hit the menu key..
acct settings > server settings (on the bottom) > incoming settings > delete email from server > (drop down box) never or when i delete from inbox, change to NEVER.
It should look like this:
sup_10-15_mobileEmail_clip_image004.ccom

ep1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
do that work a gmail accounts. that was one of things that my BB didn't do delete email from server when deleted from phone.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
do that work a gmail accounts.
Gmail only has the option to delete from server or delete from phone. It's one or the other...there's no option to choose for each email... hopefully in a future update they will add this feature.

that was one of things that my BB didn't do delete email from server when deleted from phone.
Blackberries do have the option ..."Delete message? On Mailbox & Handheld or On Handheld".... you may have not had the setting turned on.

ep1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I could delete from phone on the blackberry and still keep it on the computer.
so I would have to set up the other pop3 / IMAP email option. when setting up email on the phone and then look for the option to keep it on the server. this is the other problem when i had both gmail and the other pop mail on the phone o got duplicate email. will that go away when setting just one or will gmail take over.
thanks

BeJota013

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Gmail only has the option to delete from server or delete from phone. It's one or the other...there's no option to choose for each email... hopefully in a future update they will add this feature.

Is this an option to choose from your PC in gmail's settings? I could not locate it on my device.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Let me rephrase that:
If the email you want to save is gmail, then all you have to do is select archive when you are finished reading the mail. The mail will be moved to the "All Mail" folder on the gmail server. Log in to gmail and that is where you will find the mail. If you are receiving mail from a POP account then select "leave mail on server" when you set the account up(I recommend using K9 Mail). That enables you to delete the mail from your phone but not the server. When you delete emails from gmail off the phone they are moved to the trash which will keep them for 30 days.

Last edited:

BeJota013

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that! I was starting to think that I would just need to archive emails from gmail; it is a slow transition from a bb to android! Thanks again!

thenewt

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I cannot locate the "delete from server" option on my Samsung Infuse.
I have already set up the accounts.
The picture above from Cyber Warrior shows the Incoming Server settings and they are all there on my phone except for the last one "delete from server". It just isn't there. So when I delete an email from the Mail app, it stays on the server which I DON'T want.

I have installed K-9 mail, and it has the correct settings that allowed me to delete from the server. But not the built in Mail app?

ANY IDEAS?

Thank
Newt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa