went back to the EVO 4G and dumped my Shift

choke818

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
First of all... don't get me wrong.. The shift was a mini beast but it wasn't for me.

1.) small text
2.) bad media when using flash (full screen didn't work well but did on mobile youtube)

3.) small virtual keyboard.
4.) small screen

I missed my Evo4g .. Got me a fresh one!

:)

Thanks Evo Shift the good run.. but that's it....

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
We have a forum for that device to just don't tell me your going to apple or something like that Google FTW...lol

Deranged Cat

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
1.) small text
2.) bad media when using flash (full screen didn't work well but did on mobile youtube)
4.) small screen

The reasons you laid out basically say you want a phone that has a large screen.

For me, i went from the HTC Hero to the shift. I didn't like how big the Evo 4G was and how much room it took up in my pocket, and I wanted NOTHING to do with virtual keyboards EVER. I chose the Shift over the Epic was because the Samsung feels cheap, flimsy and I feel the HTC had a better build quality. Not to mention that HTC has a pretty good record on upgrading to the newest version of Android.

I apologize, i didn't mean to rant or anything but I just wanted to say that the reasons you went back to the Evo4G are not the same reasons why people choose the Evo Shift.

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
First of all... don't get me wrong.. The shift was a mini beast but it wasn't for me.

1.) small text

4.) small screen

thats why it has a hardware keyboard.

choke818

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
thats why it has a hardware keyboard.

I know ... I know... but..... when I had a case on it, it was harder to reach top row.
Hated the black and blue case. That case had the best reviews.
I didn't like the case. Scree is too small.

No... the main reason wasn't the screen. Other things too.
Miss the battery life on the shift.

It's ok. I got spar batteries with me.

@ big D... LOL ... no Apple for me. The screen is small too.
Plus android rules.

Peace.

proudfrog

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I too am a Palm Pre refugee. I am learning the ropes on the Shift and I LOVE the hardware. I feel I can throw this bad boy throw a window and it will be just fine. The Pre felt like a fragile egg compared to my shift. Now, if I could only improve battery life. Hmmm.....

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing. Although the shift is my second favorite phone on the planet. I just prefer the evo. I still like to come over to the shift forum to check up and read a few things. But yea as long as stayed with a android platform its all good.

jjeffcoat

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I too am a Palm Pre refugee. I am learning the ropes on the Shift and I LOVE the hardware. I feel I can throw this bad boy throw a window and it will be just fine. The Pre felt like a fragile egg compared to my shift. Now, if I could only improve battery life. Hmmm.....

The battery life on my Shift is easily double what I had on my Pre... (And that's the stock battery on the Shift vs the Mugen 1400 mAh on the Pre).

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

1.) small text

4.) small screen

Deciding to get an EVO is never the wrong decision.

Peaty

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the shift and my son has the EVO 4G. I really like the EVO too but it's hard for me to get past the size. I'm also coming from a palm pre and wanted the smaller size of the shift. Even though the shift is bigger than the Pre, the EVO 4G just seems huge to me. I like to keep my phone in my front pocket. Although like you say, the EVO 4G is really nice when using media and such.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
coming from the htc hero i love the shift!!! i was pretty used to the on screen kb on the hero but after using the physical kb on the shift i will NEVER use a on screen again :D

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the original Evo first but I couldn't get past the size. I've always liked smalled phones even when I got into Smartphones. There are those perks of the huge screens but I just like the pocketability of the compact ones and the Shift has the perks of the first evo in a small package. Plus it had a keyboard and as a Blackberry convert I had to have a keyboard...

Plus the Sprint rep gave me a great deal...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781