Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default went back to the EVO 4G and dumped my Shift

First of all... don't get me wrong.. The shift was a mini beast but it wasn't for me.

1.) small text
    2.) bad media when using flash (full screen didn't work well but did on mobile youtube)

3.) small virtual keyboard.
    4.) small screen

I missed my Evo4g .. Got me a fresh one!

Thanks Evo Shift the good run.. but that's it....
    Blackberry 8330>Blackberry Tour> Blackberry Bold> Evo 4g> Evo Shift> Evo 4G (dumped Shift), Evo 3d

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

We have a forum for that device to just don't tell me your going to apple or something like that Google FTW...lol

Quote Originally Posted by choke818 View Post
    1.) small text
    2.) bad media when using flash (full screen didn't work well but did on mobile youtube)
    4.) small screen
    The reasons you laid out basically say you want a phone that has a large screen.

For me, i went from the HTC Hero to the shift. I didn't like how big the Evo 4G was and how much room it took up in my pocket, and I wanted NOTHING to do with virtual keyboards EVER. I chose the Shift over the Epic was because the Samsung feels cheap, flimsy and I feel the HTC had a better build quality. Not to mention that HTC has a pretty good record on upgrading to the newest version of Android.

I apologize, i didn't mean to rant or anything but I just wanted to say that the reasons you went back to the Evo4G are not the same reasons why people choose the Evo Shift.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Enjoy! I love my Shift

- Dave Cook (Palm pre refugee)

ROM
    CyanogenMod/Ziggy471

First of all... don't get me wrong.. The shift was a mini beast but it wasn't for me.

1.) small text

4.) small screen

thats why it has a hardware keyboard.
    I like Android
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
    thats why it has a hardware keyboard.
    I know ... I know... but..... when I had a case on it, it was harder to reach top row.
    Hated the black and blue case. That case had the best reviews.
    I didn't like the case. Scree is too small.

No... the main reason wasn't the screen. Other things too.
    Miss the battery life on the shift.

It's ok. I got spar batteries with me.

@ big D... LOL ... no Apple for me. The screen is small too.
    Plus android rules.

Peace.
    Blackberry 8330>Blackberry Tour> Blackberry Bold> Evo 4g> Evo Shift> Evo 4G (dumped Shift), Evo 3d

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I too am a Palm Pre refugee. I am learning the ropes on the Shift and I LOVE the hardware. I feel I can throw this bad boy throw a window and it will be just fine. The Pre felt like a fragile egg compared to my shift. Now, if I could only improve battery life. Hmmm.....

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

I did the same thing. Although the shift is my second favorite phone on the planet. I just prefer the evo. I still like to come over to the shift forum to check up and read a few things. But yea as long as stayed with a android platform its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by proudfrog View Post
    I too am a Palm Pre refugee. I am learning the ropes on the Shift and I LOVE the hardware. I feel I can throw this bad boy throw a window and it will be just fine. The Pre felt like a fragile egg compared to my shift. Now, if I could only improve battery life. Hmmm.....
    The battery life on my Shift is easily double what I had on my Pre... (And that's the stock battery on the Shift vs the Mugen 1400 mAh on the Pre).

1.) small text

4.) small screen

Deciding to get an EVO is never the wrong decision.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

I have the shift and my son has the EVO 4G. I really like the EVO too but it's hard for me to get past the size. I'm also coming from a palm pre and wanted the smaller size of the shift. Even though the shift is bigger than the Pre, the EVO 4G just seems huge to me. I like to keep my phone in my front pocket. Although like you say, the EVO 4G is really nice when using media and such.
    Cheers,

Peaty

www.peatpics.com

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

coming from the htc hero i love the shift!!! i was pretty used to the on screen kb on the hero but after using the physical kb on the shift i will NEVER use a on screen again

I looked at the original Evo first but I couldn't get past the size. I've always liked smalled phones even when I got into Smartphones. There are those perks of the huge screens but I just like the pocketability of the compact ones and the Shift has the perks of the first evo in a small package. Plus it had a keyboard and as a Blackberry convert I had to have a keyboard...

Plus the Sprint rep gave me a great deal...
    Last edited by retrokevin; 03-25-2011 at 10:29 AM.