Two days into my new sprint contract and cracked screen

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Man am i sick today.Just purchased the HTC Evo shift friday and today while sitting at Arby's eating i got a message picked the phone up answered and when i went to put it down it dropped on the table and cracked the screen.Talk about bad luck.Im only two days into my 30 day risk free trial and and gotta pay 100 to repair phone this sucks !!!!!

texrmm91

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
you don't have to pay the $100. just turn on the $7 a month insurance and let it ride out this month. Then turn it off at the end of the month. Take it to your nearest sprint corporate store and they should fix it right there for free.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I already have the total protection on the phone.But I called Sprint and they said I would have to pay 100 deductible

Last edited:

mtbykr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sprint tells you you have to pay for the repair....my local sprint store does it for free if you have the insurance

RickNY

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
TEP for breakage of the phone falls under Asurion - $100 deduct....

Free replacement is only for "Mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance, and failure from normal wear and tear. File your replacement request within 60 days of incident."

Asurion under TEP with the $100 deduct. falls under "Loss, theft, physical or liquid damage and resulting corrosion, and fire or lightning damage. File your replacement request within 60 days of incident."

If your local store replaces it free of charge, its because they did it as a courtesy and considered the screen defective, thus causing the breakage.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's always best to take it to a full service store. They can deal with your problems directly, and they usually find a way to save you money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX